Senior Project Manager
R0097645 City Office Charleston Charleston, South Carolina
Greystar is looking for dedicated and hard-working individuals who want to help us continue to be the best as what we do. Today, we are the largest rental housing operator and developer in the US and one of the largest global investment management companies, delivering industry-leading services to investors, clients, and residents. We offer unrivaled professional development and career growth opportunities to our team members and look forward to welcoming you to Greystar, where our people are what make us the Global Leader in Rental Housing.
• Guides projects and project teams in each phase of construction. Oversees the day-to-day progress of projects from initial construction through delivery.
• Conducts project site inspections to monitor progress and support project-assigned team members. Steps in as needed to address and resolve issues and problems, and recommends, approves, and implements modifications to the project plans, schedule, staffing, or budget as needed.
• Promotes the Company’s safety culture by demonstrating commitment to an injury-free environment through personal actions and mentoring others.
• Prepares and distributes bid packages, reviews and evaluates bids and proposals from suppliers, vendors, and sub-contractors, develops, negotiates, and approves contracts for selected contractors, sub-contractors, and other service providers needed to complete the project work.
• Directs value engineering efforts and constructability reviews to achieve efficiencies in construction and cost control.
• Manages the RFI, submittal, and change order processes. Reviews and recommends change orders or amendments to the specifications, blueprints, and plans when appropriate, and ensures related documents and budgets are amended as needed to reflect changes to the project specifications.
• Prepares the project timeline and construction schedule with the Superintendent. Updates the construction schedule and ensures materials and labor are available to meet project deliverables. Identifies and plans for any potential schedule impacts including scope, weather and manpower changes to minimize the impact to the construction schedule.
• Develops and maintains the project budget and timelines as required for each project to ensure overall project deliverables are met.
• Oversees the subcontractor and owner pay application process.
• Communicates with key business leaders, owners and partners to provide updates on the status of projects, surface and address concerns, and plan specific actions as needed to ensure the on-time and on-budget completion of the projects.
• Leads and prepares agendas for various meetings such as project planning meetings, project review meetings and OAC meetings.
• Develops and supervises team members by interviewing, hiring, orienting, and training employees, and manages their performance in accordance with Company policies, values, and business practices. Assigns team members and sub-contractors to construction projects.
• Typically focused on one large, complicated project or multiple smaller projects in varying stages. Responsible for mentoring Project Manager.
• Completes various human resources, financial, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
• Minimum 7 years of experience working on ground up construction projects with exposure to initial construction through delivery.
• Minimum 5 years of experience managing a team and subcontractors.
• Strong time management, leadership, and decision-making skills.
• Ability to be highly organized in day-to-day and long-term planning and execution, and to track and maintain complex schedules effectively.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively delegate and negotiate.
Compensation is based on geographic location and individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job related skills, knowledge, experience, education, certifications, etc.
Corporate Positions: In addition to the base salary, may be eligible for an annual performance bonus that is based on individual and company performance.
Onsite Property Positions: In addition to the base salary, may be eligible for a discretionary weekly, monthly and/or quarterly bonus based on budget.
Greystar seeks to attract, recruit, advance and retain top talent. Greystar’s compensation strategy is tailored to appropriately reward the skillset and experience that a team member will bring to the organization.
Robust Benefits Offered for Full-time Team Members:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
401(k) with Company Match (eligibility required)
Short-term & Long-term Disability
Critical Illness/Accident/Hospital Indemnity Plans
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off: Time off benefits include vacation, holidays, personal days, and sick time and parental leave
For Union and Prevailing Wage roles compensation and benefits may vary from the listed information above due to Collective Bargaining Agreements and/or local governing authority.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
What makes a successful Greystar team member? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Decision Making
Meet our people and discover how you can make an impact providing a home to people across the world.
"My first 5 years at Greystar have been incredibly special due to the great people I am surrounded with and the amazing projects I get to be a part of. My rate of personal growth just wouldn’t have been the same!"- Xavier
Health insurance (including company-paid opportunities) is offered, along with competitive dental and vision insurance plan options
Flexible Spending Accounts and Employer-matched 401(k) plans are offered
Paid Time Off
Full-time team members receive generous paid time off – including your birthday! – as well as paid sick leave, personal days, and company holidays
Paid Parental Leave
Maternal and paternal paid leave is available for the birth or adoption of a child
Ongoing support is available for career advancement opportunities in addition to corporate training programs
Experienced counselors are available 24/7 for confidential assistance to listen and help you find solutions at no cost to you
Note: Outlined benefits may vary by international region.
You have no recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the Save Job button or icon on the search results or job description pages.