Senior Property Accountant
R0111329 Sydney Corporate Office Sydney, New South Wales
Greystar is looking for dedicated and hard-working individuals who want to help us continue to be the best as what we do. Today, we are the largest rental housing operator and developer in the US and one of the largest global investment management companies, delivering industry-leading services to investors, clients, and residents. We offer unrivaled professional development and career growth opportunities to our team members and look forward to welcoming you to Greystar, where our people are what make us the Global Leader in Rental Housing.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations, profit and loss analysis and variance commentaries in accordance with the month end timetable.
- Business partner with the Property Management team to provide analysis of the financial performance of the assets and highlight opportunities for improvement/change.
- Cash flow management, cash flow reporting, forecasting and budgeting.
- Raise tenant bills, monitor tenant arrears and record tenant receipts.
- Ensure timely vendor payment and appropriate recording of expense accruals and prepayments.
- Maintain and update fixed assets registers.
- Calculate management fees and outgoings reconciliations.
- Liaise with external service providers to produce and submit Business Activity Statements (BAS) and annual tax returns.
- Support the budgeting and forecasting process for Greystar Australia’s property portfolio.
- Assist with property required audits including outgoings and trust account audits.
- Assist with the onboarding of new assets – set-up of operational systems, banking platforms etc.
- Manage and co-ordinate interest payments with external lenders.
- Work with external service providers to compute and report debt covenants to external lenders.
- Complete other reasonable duties as assigned or as necessary.
- Provide advice to enable continuous improvement in the standards and practices of financial systems.
- Follow established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organisational standards, and operational processes related to areas of responsibility, and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individual(s).
- Identify areas for improvement, offers suggestions to improve efficiency and productivity, and implements ideas that achieve operational excellence.
- Keep abreast of current changes in technology, processes and standards within the industry and areas of responsibility by attending internal and external training classes and apply knowledge and practices to areas of responsibility.
- The role will be based in Sydney, Australia
- The role is responsible for a broad range of financial activities in relation to the Australian property portfolio
- Finance Team, Australia
- Property Management Team, Australia
- Country Managing Director, Australia
- Senior Regional Leadership, APAC
Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Qualified accountant (CA/CPA)
- Degree in accounting, business, finance or related field
- 3+ years’ experience in the property sector
- Strong understanding of AASB and IFRS
- Strong understanding of Australian tax compliance requirements
Experience & Skills:
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with all levels of staff
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Adaptable and resilient with an innovative mindset
- Hands-on approach, willing to be challenged and proactive
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Yardi experience advantageous
What makes a successful Greystar team member? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Meet our people and discover how you can make an impact providing a home to people across the world.
"Working at Greystar has been an eye opening experience. From day one my supervisors have been enthusiastic and attentive to everything I need to be great at my job. I feel appreciated and know that I’m an important asset to them. Everyday I’m encouraged to improve my knowledge and develop new financial skills while being excited to do so. I was also nervous transitioning from the Marine Corps into the civilian workforce, but with the support of the Greystar accounting family that transition has been much easier."- Adam
Health insurance (including company-paid opportunities) is offered, along with competitive dental and vision insurance plan options
Flexible Spending Accounts and Employer-matched 401(k) plans are offered
Paid Time Off
Full-time team members receive generous paid time off – including your birthday! – as well as paid sick leave, personal days, and company holidays
Paid Parental Leave
Maternal and paternal paid leave is available for the birth or adoption of a child
Ongoing support is available for career advancement opportunities in addition to corporate training programs
Experienced counselors are available 24/7 for confidential assistance to listen and help you find solutions at no cost to you
Note: Outlined benefits may vary by international region.
You have no recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the Save Job button or icon on the search results or job description pages.