Finance Manager - Property
R0102654 Sydney Corporate Office Sydney, New South Wales
Greystar is looking for dedicated and hard-working individuals who want to help us continue to be the best as what we do. Today, we are the largest rental housing operator and developer in the US and one of the largest global investment management companies, delivering industry-leading services to investors, clients, and residents. We offer unrivaled professional development and career growth opportunities to our team members and look forward to welcoming you to Greystar, where our people are what make us the Global Leader in Rental Housing.
- Establish, maintain and manage best practice property accounting processes and controls;
- Identify improvement opportunities and drive streamlining of processes to improve efficiency and productivity, and achieve operational excellence;
- Apply local generally accepted accounting principles (AASB) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
- Co-ordinate the budgeting and forecasting process for Greystar’s property portfolio, including the review and critique of budget assumptions provided by Property Managers;
- Co-ordinate and drive property required audits including outgoings and trust account audits;
- Complete other reasonable duties as assigned or as necessary.
Manage offshore property accounting teams to:
- Reconcile property balance sheets in accordance with the month end timetable;
- Deliver high quality financial and management reporting, including commentary, to internal and external stakeholders;
- Raise tenant bills, monitor tenant arrears and record tenant receipts;
- Ensure timely vendor payment and appropriate recording of expense accruals;
- Ensure Greystar’s property portfolio has sufficient cash to operate, remitting excess funds to owners;
- Qualified accountant (CA/CPA)
- Degree in accounting, business, finance or related field
- 10+ years of property accounting experience
- Strong understanding of AASB and IFRS
- Strong understanding of Australian GST
- Experience in business development/improvement advantageous
- Experience in wholesale real estate funds, listed REITs or funds management advantageous
- Yardi experience advantageous
- Strong organisational skills and excellent communication skills with all levels of staff
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Ability to handle high levels of pressure and changing priorities
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
What We Offer
We include a range of benefits for our corporate team members, including competitive pension, healthcare, and holiday allowance, amongst others as standard. Please reach out if you are keen to know more.
Greystar is a leading, fully integrated real estate company offering expertise in investment management, development, and management of rental housing properties globally. The company's business model is unique in its ability to own, operate, and develop multifamily, student, and senior housing across the globe. Building a global platform with a local presence, Greystar continues to expand its geographic reach around the world, bringing a globally interconnected professional rental housing platform and industry funded with institutional capital to countries where the sector does not yet exist. Greystar’s pan – European platform was established in 2013 and has scaled rapidly, now with investment, operational and development presence in the UK, Ireland, France, the Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Spain.
One of Greystar’s core values is Equality, and as such, we continue to pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer, accounting for all protected and identifiable characteristics. We truly value diversity of thought, background and of experience. Please reach out to the Talent Acquisition team to explore opportunities at Greystar in more detail or visit our careers site at https://jobs.greystar.com/.
What makes a successful Greystar team member? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Meet our people and discover how you can make an impact providing a home to people across the world.
"Working at Greystar has been an eye opening experience. From day one my supervisors have been enthusiastic and attentive to everything I need to be great at my job. I feel appreciated and know that I’m an important asset to them. Everyday I’m encouraged to improve my knowledge and develop new financial skills while being excited to do so. I was also nervous transitioning from the Marine Corps into the civilian workforce, but with the support of the Greystar accounting family that transition has been much easier."- Adam
Health insurance (including company-paid opportunities) is offered, along with competitive dental and vision insurance plan options
Flexible Spending Accounts and Employer-matched 401(k) plans are offered
Paid Time Off
Full-time team members receive generous paid time off – including your birthday! – as well as paid sick leave, personal days, and company holidays
Paid Parental Leave
Maternal and paternal paid leave is available for the birth or adoption of a child
Ongoing support is available for career advancement opportunities in addition to corporate training programs
Experienced counselors are available 24/7 for confidential assistance to listen and help you find solutions at no cost to you
Note: Outlined benefits may vary by international region.
You have no recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the Save Job button or icon on the search results or job description pages.