Superintendent- Palomar Heights
R0087569 Solana Beach, California
Greystar is looking for dedicated and hard-working individuals who want to help us continue to be the best as what we do. Today, we are the largest rental housing operator and developer in the US and one of the largest global investment management companies, delivering industry-leading services to investors, clients, and residents. We offer unrivaled professional development and career growth opportunities to our team members and look forward to welcoming you to Greystar, where our people are what make us the Global Leader in Rental Housing.
• Develops a comprehensive understanding of the project strategy including financial goals, scheduling, project deliverables and inspections.
• Leads all daily field operations by managing subcontractors, ensuring site safety, quality control and construction progress.
• Partners with the Project Manager to maintain an accurate project schedule throughout the lifecycle of the project which reflects any changes in a project’s status. The Senior Superintendent communicates and distributes the schedule to the field team and utilizes experience to identify problems and recommends solutions to mitigate delays.
• Leads and participates in various meetings such as project planning, project review, subcontractor meetings and OAC meetings.
• Oversees the development and closure of RFIs and review and approval of submittals.
• Communicates with key business leaders, owners and partners to provide updates on the status of projects, surface and address concerns, and plan specific actions as needed to ensure the on-time and on-budget completion of new projects.
• Supports the project closeouts by supervising pre-punch activities and coordinating activities with the owner, architect and governing authorities.
• Assists in assembling the onsite construction team by selecting and assigning team members and subcontractors, and by managing their performance in accordance with Company policies, values, and business practices.
• Manages and publishes subcontractors’ schedule on a weekly basis and reviews at the subcontractor meeting. Effectively measure quality and craftsmanship.
• Ensures required inspections are scheduled, coordinated, performed, tracked, and closed out.
• Promotes safety and site cleanliness on the jobsite and implements, enforces, and effectively manages Greystar’s safety policy and procedures.
• Completes various human resources, financial, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
• Minimum 7 years of experience working on similar ground up construction projects with exposure to initial construction through delivery.
• Minimum 5 years of experience managing a team and subcontractors.
• Strong, time management, leadership and decision-making skills.
• Ability to be highly organized in day-to-day and long-term planning and execution, and to track and maintain complex schedules effectively.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively delegate and negotiate.
• Proven track record of building and maintaining strong relationships with team members, subcontractors and owners in order to foster an exceptional culture at the jobsite.
The base compensation rate will vary based on education, experience, skills, and geographic location, as applicable.
Greystar seeks to attract, recruit, advance and retain top talent. Greystar’s compensation strategy is tailored to appropriately reward the skillset and experience that a team member will bring to the organization.
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their salary. Team members may also participate in the 401k plan, once eligible. Regular, full-time team members are offered a range of medical, financial, and other benefits from which to choose.
For Union and Prevailing Wage roles compensation and benefits may vary from the listed information above due to Collective Bargaining Agreements and/or local governing authority.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
What makes a successful Greystar team member? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Meet our people and discover how you can make an impact providing a home to people across the world.
"Working at Greystar has been an eye opening experience. From day one my supervisors have been enthusiastic and attentive to everything I need to be great at my job. I feel appreciated and know that I’m an important asset to them. Everyday I’m encouraged to improve my knowledge and develop new financial skills while being excited to do so. I was also nervous transitioning from the Marine Corps into the civilian workforce, but with the support of the Greystar accounting family that transition has been much easier."- Adam
Health insurance (including company-paid opportunities) is offered, along with competitive dental and vision insurance plan options
Flexible Spending Accounts and Employer-matched 401(k) plans are offered
Paid Time Off
Full-time team members receive generous paid time off – including your birthday! – as well as paid sick leave, personal days, and company holidays
Paid Parental Leave
Maternal and paternal paid leave is available for the birth or adoption of a child
Ongoing support is available for career advancement opportunities in addition to corporate training programs
Experienced counselors are available 24/7 for confidential assistance to listen and help you find solutions at no cost to you
Note: Outlined benefits may vary by international region.
You have no recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the Save Job button or icon on the search results or job description pages.