Project Engineer - Redwood CitySan Francisco, California ;
• Builds relationships and develops communication and interpersonal skills with subcontractors and project team members.
• Assists project team in management of overall site, subcontractors and inspection of completed work. Troubleshoots and resolves issues that may affect the construction schedule, and appropriately surfaces concerns to business leaders when required.
• Participates in activities such as punch lists, city inspections, safety reviews, quality reviews and prepares the necessary documentation.
• Project controls management, including requests for information, submittals, document management, change management and quality control.
• Reviews and recommends change orders, solicits prices from subcontractors and suppliers, and ensures the budgets are amended as needed to reflect the changes to the project specifications.
• Responsible for proactive administration of reviewing and processing all submittal data and drawings to ensure project schedules are expedited and materials are delivered on time.
• Assists the preconstruction team in performing quantity take offs, developing bid packages, soliciting bids and preparing estimates.
• Supports the development and updating of the project schedule and subcontractor detail schedules.
• Assists project management by proactively managing the project budget and expenses.
• Attends and participates in Owner, Architect and Contractor (OAC) meetings and assists the Project Manager in the preparation of progress reports and meeting minutes.
• Completes various human resources, financial, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
• Internship or field experience in construction.
• Strong organizational, time-management and project management skills in order to effectively track, report and manage multiple projects and priorities where meeting deadlines is critical.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and work in a team environment with a wide variety of people, including owners, architects, subcontractors and business leaders.
• Critical thinker and self-starter capable of accomplishing a task with limited guidance and supervision.
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their base salary. Once eligible, team members may participate in the 401k plan. Regular, full-time team members are also offered a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits from which to choose.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
You have no recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the Save Job button or icon on the search results or job description pages.