Director, Construction1033 Demonbreun Street, Suite 300 Nashville, TN 37203
- Manages the activities associated with development and newconstructionprojectsby reviewing projectspecifications,blueprints, and plans, providing inputintopreparing hard cost estimates and project budgets, determining the staffing requirements and assigning team members and sub-contractors to jobs, and managing the day-to-day progress of the project from initialconstruction through delivery.
- Participates in and/or leadsinitial and on-going project planning meetings,assistsindeveloping the project’s scope of work and specifications, and prepares the project budget, timeline, and constructionschedule.
- Prepares and distributesbid packages, reviews and evaluates bids and proposals from suppliers,vendors, and sub-contractors,develops, negotiates, and approves contracts for selectedcontractors,sub-contractors, and other service providers needed to complete the projectwork.
- Reviews and recommends change orders or amendments to the specifications,blueprints, and plans when appropriate, and ensures related documents and budgets are amended as needed to reflectchanges to the projectspecifications.
- Oversees compliance with the Company’s safety standards and applicablecodes and other legal and regulatory requirements bystayinginformed about relevantcodes and ordinances and permitrequirements, and by preparing and/or submitting required documentation and other information to appropriateagencies.
- Communicates with key business leaders to provide updates on the statusof projects, surface and addressconcerns, and planspecific actions as needed to ensure the on-time and on-budget completion of theprojects.
- Develops and supervises team members byinterviewing,hiring,orienting, and training employees, and managestheir performance in accordance with Companypolicies,values, and business practices.
- Conductsprojectsiteinspectionsas needed to monitorprogress and support project-assigned team members,stepsinas needed to addressandresolveissues and problems, and recommends, approves, and implements modifications to the projectplans,schedule,staffing, or budgetas needed.
- Completesvarious human resources, financial, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or asnecessary.
- 10+ years of experience in construction management and field operations with experience overseeing similar projects from initial construction through delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Strong, time management, leadership and decision-making skills.
- Ability to be highly organized, in day-to-day and long-term planning and execution, and to track and maintain complex schedules effectively.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively delegate and negotiate.
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their base salary. Once eligible, team members may participate in the 401k plan. Regular, full-time team members are also offered a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits from which to choose.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
You have no recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the Save Job button or icon on the search results or job description pages.