Project ManagerMinnesota ;
- Responsible for overseeing a third party general contractor on a 1,000+ bed, high-rise student housing project in Minneapolis.
- With plans to start self-performing in the Minneapolis market next year, we are looking for a Project Manager that is interested in working for a developer with an in-house general contractor in future.
- Works with General Contractor team to help them stay on schedule and budget and ensures all federal, state, and local requirements are satisfied.
- Attend, or conduct construction meetings with contractor, architect, and major subcontractors that are on site. Participates in the OAC meetings.
- Understand the billing cycle, review progress billings and when necessary negotiate revisions.
- Keeping the project budgets up to date for all project costs as detailed by the Development team.
- Submittal review; ensure that the contractor is submitting appropriate documentation and record-keeping. Review submittals for general conformance with construction documents on the Owner’s behalf, and ensure that Owner is kept apprised of items that they need to make decisions on. Ensure that appropriate parties are reviewing and stamping submittals and determine if additional consultants need to review them.
- RFI review; review RFI’s to ensure contractor and design/engineer/consultants are providing thorough and efficient responses, and that RFI responses are being forwarded to/from the appropriate parties; advise Owner of RFI’s that may incur additional cost and/or scope change prior to implementing work.
- Review change order requests and check for validity of the requests against the GMP for accuracy. Understand the root cause of the change order request and confirm the final pricing is accurate and fair.
- Produces the monthly Job Cost report and works with the Development department to complete their monthly report as well.
- Perform on-site inspections for quality of workmanship, quality of materials, conformity with plans & specifications, code compliance, on-site safety, project schedule vs progress, and general progress of the construction project.
- Ensure compliance with all closeout requirements with the architects, engineers, contractors and the state.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working on 3+ ground up construction projects with exposure to initial construction through delivery.
- Minimum 3 years of experience managing a team and subcontractors.
- Strong, time management, leadership and decision-making skills.
- Ability to be highly organized, in day-to-day and long-term planning and execution, and to track and maintain complex schedules effectively.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively delegate and negotiate.
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their base salary. Once eligible, team members may participate in the 401k plan. Regular, full-time team members are also offered a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits from which to choose.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
You have no recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the Save Job button or icon on the search results or job description pages.