Senior Director, Operations (Property Mgmt)
R0102796 Madrid Corporate Office Madrid, Spain
Greystar is looking for dedicated and hard-working individuals who want to help us continue to be the best as what we do. Today, we are the largest rental housing operator and developer in the US and one of the largest global investment management companies, delivering industry-leading services to investors, clients, and residents. We offer unrivaled professional development and career growth opportunities to our team members and look forward to welcoming you to Greystar, where our people are what make us the Global Leader in Rental Housing.
This role partners with locally based and Europe level stakeholders to develop and continuously improve the operating platform, ensuring it can deliver consistency and performance at scale. In addition to corporate business plans and property management fees, the role is accountable for the delivery of brand and asset level business plans, ensuring activities, initiatives and practices deliver an outstanding resident experience and lead to achievement of operational and financial goals.
This role is a senior leader and part of both the Southern Europe and European Operations leadership teams. In additional to execution responsibilities, the role will support deal flow through the provision of operational insight, and build platforms to support additional product types as we grow.
- Lead and deliver Greystar’s Spanish Operations product and service proposition, platform and strategy, ensuring it is a best in class competitive offering.
- Oversee performance, critically evaluating existing real estate operations, value-add initiatives and business plan execution to identify new strategies to drive NOI and maximize returns.
- Monitor and evaluate business performance using key metrics, reviewing and analysing operational reports, gathering management, client and team member feedback, and assessing organisation resources, to improve performance.
- Drive business growth and particularly profitability of the Spain Operations business through successful execution of existing strategies, new business growth and the ongoing improvement of the operating platform to meet current and future needs. All complemented by a dialled in commercial, collegiate, positive and value add mindset.
- Partner with the other leaders of the Company’s Asset Execution group to refine the operating model, identify and plan for resource needs, deliver service and manage performance level issues, provide input for process improvement and strategic initiatives that enhance the products, services, and overall effectiveness of the platform.
- Partner with Investment, Asset Management, Investment, Development, Technology and other team leaders to ensure the Operations team are aligned to broad business goals and working in productive partnership to achieve key bets.
- Collaborate with wider teams and functional leaders in Spain and Europe to oversee compliance with and introduce best practices and process improvements, to the extent that they are not already in place, in order for the Company to achieve its operational, financial and customer goals.
- Participate with the Company’s senior leaders in routine market and portfolio review discussions to examine the overall operational and financial results, present and justify business plans, make strategy recommendations, and communicate with / present to investors and clients.
- Maintain and develop a broad network of industry related resources to support the execution and growth of the Operations function.
- Lead, manage and serve team members by inspiring, empowering and supporting; and enabling broader support through the relationships built with key stakeholders.
- Build teams through interviewing, hiring, and on boarding. Develop direct reports and other team members as appropriate and managing their performance in accordance with Company policies, values, and business practices.
- Completes various financial, accounting, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject such as business, management and/or equivalent experience;
- MBA or similar professional accreditation (desirable).
- IT literate and fully conversant with all Microsoft packages including Excel (Advanced level) and PowerPoint (Advanced level).
- Experience in using property/ sector business management systems and applications.
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
Experience & Skills
- Significant senior level leadership experience working in a similar operations leadership position in Spain with full P&L accountability,within the multi-site property management (including real estate or hospitality) and / or a revenue, rate, occupancy business with complex operational expenses and service delivery through teams, where revenue and occupancy are key profit drivers.
- Leadership in complex changing environments.
- Demonstrable evidence of success in engaging and motivating large teams to deliver business objectives at scale is essential..
- Demonstrable gravitas. With judgement born of experience.
- Able to balance an aspirational, positive and driven mindset with sensitivity and a collegiate manner.
- Has worked with different cultures.
- Displays resilience and confidence with an entrepreneurialmindset complementing a true customer service ethos.
- Experience of engaging and collaborating with multiple stakeholders across a matrixed cross geography business.
- Experience in creating and managing budgets in line with the scope of the role (must be able to demonstrate a really dialled in commercial mindset)
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, along with the ability to quickly interpret complex written and financial data.
- Demonstrates the application and use of people, financial, legal and general business management acumen to develop strategy, organisational design and provide leadership and direction to team members and managers across the organisation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – including presentations and face to face communications.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to establish and maintain positive relationships and act with impact and influence at all levels.
- Strong organisational and project management skills to juggle complex tasks and manage the workload of others, with the ability to work effectively under pressure, to deadlines and work flexibly in change environment and within a dynamic real estate investment and asset management environment.
- Experience of building platforms.
- Self-motivated and proactive, both with respect to managing workload and own professional development
- Experience in identifying opportunities to drive operational excellence through platform improvements including digital/technology solutions (desirable).
- Broader experience of organisational change (desirable).
- Leadership experience across geographies (desirable).
What makes a successful Greystar team member? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Meet our people and discover how you can make an impact providing a home to people across the world.
"Working at Greystar has been an eye opening experience. From day one my supervisors have been enthusiastic and attentive to everything I need to be great at my job. I feel appreciated and know that I’m an important asset to them. Everyday I’m encouraged to improve my knowledge and develop new financial skills while being excited to do so. I was also nervous transitioning from the Marine Corps into the civilian workforce, but with the support of the Greystar accounting family that transition has been much easier."- Adam
Health insurance (including company-paid opportunities) is offered, along with competitive dental and vision insurance plan options
Flexible Spending Accounts and Employer-matched 401(k) plans are offered
Paid Time Off
Full-time team members receive generous paid time off – including your birthday! – as well as paid sick leave, personal days, and company holidays
Paid Parental Leave
Maternal and paternal paid leave is available for the birth or adoption of a child
Ongoing support is available for career advancement opportunities in addition to corporate training programs
Experienced counselors are available 24/7 for confidential assistance to listen and help you find solutions at no cost to you
Note: Outlined benefits may vary by international region.
You have no recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the Save Job button or icon on the search results or job description pages.