Senior Investment Accountant
R0087374 London, United Kingdom
Greystar is looking for dedicated and hard-working individuals who want to help us continue to be the best as what we do. Today, we are the largest rental housing operator and developer in the US and one of the largest global investment management companies, delivering industry-leading services to investors, clients, and residents. We offer unrivaled professional development and career growth opportunities to our team members and look forward to welcoming you to Greystar, where our people are what make us the Global Leader in Rental Housing.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Review and oversight of financial reporting information produced by internal finance teams and external service providers
- Coordination of the quarterly consolidation process including gathering of financial data from the finance teams throughout Europe and the relevant service providers / administrators
- Supporting/advising internal finance teams in application of accounting standards and onboarding of financial information
- Review of month-end and quarter-end reporting packs and year-end reporting activities for entities within the fund structures, including reports and supporting schedules for all balance sheet line items and commentary on profit and loss line items.
- Review of quarterly consolidations across the portfolios
- Input on transactional workstreams and preparation of deal closing files as a result of new acquisitions, support the Financial Controller
- Cash & liquidity management, including monitoring of i) cash held across the structure ii) sources and uses on deals and iii) of pursuit budgets
- Preparation and management of quarterly or ad hoc intra-group distribution and capital call waterfalls
- Oversight / review of the preparation of investor capital calls and distributions, liaising with Portfolio Management, Investor Relations, Operational and Corporate Accounting and Administrators as required
- Assistance on quarterly lender reporting including cash waterfalls, compliance certificates and covenant calculations
- Assisting with the investor reporting process, preparing investor reporting templates, providing financial tables and charts and consolidated budget variance analysis commentary
- Management of investor reporting timelines and deliverables, coordinating information from administrators, internal finance teams and asset management teams
- Review of consolidated audited financial statements within investor and lender reporting deadlines
- Review of subsidiary audited and unaudited financial statements and supporting schedules
- VAT returns support preparation and coordination of teams to make required filings
- Assist administrators with information required for the preparation of annual statutory accounts
- Co-ordinating deliverables for year-end audit process.
- Oversight of the preparation of annual tax filings, coordinating the information to be provided by the fund administrator
- Assistance with the preparation of accounting memos on all technical accounting changes
- Knowledge of structure agreements, including lender requirements, investor requirements and external reporting requirements
- Review of investment level management fees
- Review of INREV reporting
- Assist with annual budgeting and re-forecasting for investment entities
- Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organisational standards, and operational processes related to area(s) of responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individual(s).
- Demonstrates appropriate safe behaviours in accordance with Company, property, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, employee/visitor/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate individual(s).
- Identifies areas for improvement, offers suggestions to improve efficiency and productivity, and implements ideas that achieve operational excellence.
- Keeps abreast of current changes in technology, processes, and standards within the industry and area(s) of responsibility by attending internal and external training classes.
- Assist the Fund Controller with the management of investment accounting across the entities of the Fund.
- Role will be based either in The Hauge / Amsterdam or the London office
Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Excellent written and numerical skills.
- ACA qualified accountant (or equivalent) with at least 2-4 years post qualified industry experience.
- Thorough understanding of accounting policies and procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Yardi (preferred).
Experience & Skills:
- Sound knowledge of Accounting GAAPs, IFRS and Audit
- Debt compliance and investor reporting experience
- Good communicator with the ability to interpret and explain complex financial data
- Positive “can do” attitude with desire to learn, train and develop in the role
- Excellent attention to detail, methodical and takes pride in work
- Self-starter who takes initiative to grow within the role
- Strong time management skills to organize a multitude of concurrent tasks
- Experience working within the Real Estate sector
- Experience working with off-shore real estate structures
- Experience in acquisition accounting, including financial due diligence
What makes a successful Greystar team member? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Meet our people and discover how you can make an impact providing a home to people across the world.
"Working at Greystar has been an eye opening experience. From day one my supervisors have been enthusiastic and attentive to everything I need to be great at my job. I feel appreciated and know that I’m an important asset to them. Everyday I’m encouraged to improve my knowledge and develop new financial skills while being excited to do so. I was also nervous transitioning from the Marine Corps into the civilian workforce, but with the support of the Greystar accounting family that transition has been much easier."- Adam
Health insurance (including company-paid opportunities) is offered, along with competitive dental and vision insurance plan options
Flexible Spending Accounts and Employer-matched 401(k) plans are offered
Paid Time Off
Full-time team members receive generous paid time off – including your birthday! – as well as paid sick leave, personal days, and company holidays
Paid Parental Leave
Maternal and paternal paid leave is available for the birth or adoption of a child
Ongoing support is available for career advancement opportunities in addition to corporate training programs
Experienced counselors are available 24/7 for confidential assistance to listen and help you find solutions at no cost to you
Note: Outlined benefits may vary by international region.
You have no recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the Save Job button or icon on the search results or job description pages.