Senior Accountant, Development
R0087820 London, United Kingdom
Greystar is looking for dedicated and hard-working individuals who want to help us continue to be the best as what we do. Today, we are the largest rental housing operator and developer in the US and one of the largest global investment management companies, delivering industry-leading services to investors, clients, and residents. We offer unrivaled professional development and career growth opportunities to our team members and look forward to welcoming you to Greystar, where our people are what make us the Global Leader in Rental Housing.
The Senior Accountant role is primarily responsible for the application of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) to monitor project job costs and provide the related internal and external reporting. You will also be responsible for maintaining the project budgets, accounting and reporting of a mixed portfolio of multifamily and student ground up developments primarily focused in the UK and Europe.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Business Partners Development Managers on a portfolio of Development projects, providing financial analysis of key decisions, review of actual costs versus budget and providing the financial perspective on the development where appropriate.
- Compiles and analyses the financial information in preparation for entry into various financial statements and accounting reports and makes appropriate journal entries for recording in the general ledger by checking calculations, reviewing basis for figures, and balancing and reconciling figures.
- Reviews budget, invoices, and other accounting documents and researches and resolves discrepancies as necessary.
- Maintains and reports on project budgets to include compilation of draw packages and necessary approvals, ensure accurate coding of invoices, charging of Development Management Fees, and submission of payment requests to third party administrators.
- Reviews completeness and accuracy of investment accounting completed by 3rd party administrators.
- Liaises with external partners and lenders, providing additional data and information as requested, and answering questions necessary to facilitate the funding process in a timely manner.
- Provides cost to complete information for input into quarterly desktop valuation and annual 3rd party valuation. Reviews valuation from a financial perspective.
- Performs bank reconciliations, ensuring accuracy.
- Prepares monthly financial reporting packages for distribution to internal and external stakeholders.
- Reviews monthly/quarterly VAT returns on a portfolio of Development projects.
- Works alongside the operational finance team to standardise processes and ensure a seamless transition from the development team to operations team when completed assets are transferred.
- Reviews and abstracts development and lender agreements for projects assigned, understanding reporting requirements, deadlines and fee calculations.
- Acts as the first point of contact with external auditors e.g. to explain journal entries and financial transactions, providing research data and information as requested, and answering questions necessary to complete the audit in a timely manner.
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Responds to questions regarding developments, provides support, and ensures timely completion of accounting processes for reporting.
- Completes various financial, accounting, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Qualified Accountant ACA/ACCA (or equivalent).
- Good level of general education with excellent written and numerical skills.
- Thorough understanding of accounting procedures and double entry book-keeping.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Experience with Yardi (preferred).
- Working knowledge of IFRS within the Real Estate sector.
- Working knowledge of fund structures desirable.
- Working knowledge of VAT.
- Understanding of job cost/project accounting.
Experience & Skills:
- Experience working in a similar role within a fast-paced business ideally with exposure to the Real Estate sector.
- Strong team working and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communicator with the ability to interpret and explain complex financial data.
- Good attention to detail, methodical and takes pride in work.
- Positive “can do” attitude.
- Self-starter with an organised and proactive approach.
- Ability to meet multiple client deadlines and multi-task are essential, using initiative to prioritise.
- Experience in a Development/Construction accounting role.
What makes a successful Greystar team member? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Meet our people and discover how you can make an impact providing a home to people across the world.
"Working at Greystar has been an eye opening experience. From day one my supervisors have been enthusiastic and attentive to everything I need to be great at my job. I feel appreciated and know that I’m an important asset to them. Everyday I’m encouraged to improve my knowledge and develop new financial skills while being excited to do so. I was also nervous transitioning from the Marine Corps into the civilian workforce, but with the support of the Greystar accounting family that transition has been much easier."- Adam
Health insurance (including company-paid opportunities) is offered, along with competitive dental and vision insurance plan options
Flexible Spending Accounts and Employer-matched 401(k) plans are offered
Paid Time Off
Full-time team members receive generous paid time off – including your birthday! – as well as paid sick leave, personal days, and company holidays
Paid Parental Leave
Maternal and paternal paid leave is available for the birth or adoption of a child
Ongoing support is available for career advancement opportunities in addition to corporate training programs
Experienced counselors are available 24/7 for confidential assistance to listen and help you find solutions at no cost to you
Note: Outlined benefits may vary by international region.
You have no recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the Save Job button or icon on the search results or job description pages.