R0101409 Ten Degrees London, United Kingdom
Greystar is looking for dedicated and hard-working individuals who want to help us continue to be the best as what we do. Today, we are the largest rental housing operator and developer in the US and one of the largest global investment management companies, delivering industry-leading services to investors, clients, and residents. We offer unrivaled professional development and career growth opportunities to our team members and look forward to welcoming you to Greystar, where our people are what make us the Global Leader in Rental Housing.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Work as part of a friendly and supportive team playing a vital role within the Community team to ensure all our residents enjoy a high level of cleanliness throughout their community.
- Communicate effectively with customers, clients and colleagues; demonstrating a clear understanding of the issue and using initiative to respond accordingly.
- Maintain a focus on delivering services within agreed budgetary & resource parameters
- Monitor the electronic maintenance reporting system through internal system daily ensuring tasks are completed to a high standard and within suitable time scales, corresponding with tenants when required.
- Administer all property maintenance & records in accordance with Greystar policies & procedures.
- Maintain adequate levels of spares, stock and supplies, ensuring effective forward planning.
- To respond to calls outside office hours on on-call rota basis which cannot be resolved without a presence on site referring to appropriate contractors as necessary.
- Undertake repair and maintenance tasks to a high quality including plumbing; joinery and carpentry; painting/decorating; maintenance of lighting and; required statutory testing
- Understand, respond and record health and safety matters in an appropriate & timely manner.
- Moving furniture and heavy items from location to location on site as required
- Ensure all common parts of the site including refuse and recycling facilities are frequently inspected and maintained to the highest standards of repair & cleanliness.
- Co-ordinate Contractors/Suppliers executing minor works contract on site.
- Monitor Sub-Contractors performance to standard and retain accurate records of their site operations including all relevant RAMS & Permits to Work.
- Highlight and assist with the management of any community works.
- Assist the Community Manager/Facilities Manager in key management ensuring high levels of security at all times.
- Accompany external contractors whilst on site in line with key management and access to accommodation policies and practice.
- Ensure annual checks and reporting are carried out for their statutory insurance and qualifications.
- Ensure all inventory related checks/works are carried out and associated charges communicated to the relevant people in the team.
- Ensure the gardens and grounds maintenance to the property are well maintained, clean, tidy and hazard free, supervising external contractors as required.
- Manage & maintain all statutory testing records, utilizing other team members where appropriate.
- Carry out annual PAT testing and inspections of emergency lighting, weekly fire alarm tests and fire evacuations.(training will be provided where necessary)
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Company and safe systems of work guidelines.
- Report any incidents or accidents to the Community Manager using the correct system and documentation.
- Review site risk assessments as required with Community Manager.
- Look to maximise efficiency of utilities.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- A reasonable level ofgeneral educationto O ’Level/ GCSE level or equivalent with demonstrable written and numerical skills.
- Awareness of H&S requirementsonsite
- Continually strives to improve knowledge, skillsand abilities to produce the best results
- A recognised trade qualification, Building Crafts Operative Certificate, City and Guilds or NVQ relevant to undertaking repairs and maintenance in a residential building is essential
- Experience in Decorating
Experience & Skills
- Experience of undertaking repairsand maintenance in a domestic residential environment or as a general builder /residential construction in the following trades; plumber, electrician or carpenter
- Fluent English verbaland written communication skills
- Helpful, friendly personality with effective communication skills behaving in a professional, courteous and helpful manner towards colleagues and residentsat all times
- Good team player with strong relationship building and influencing skills
- Positive approach and ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to determine cost effective solutions to repairs
- Contractor& Supplier Supervision skills are desirable
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to multitask and prioritise
- Numerical skills necessary to complete the above activities
What makes a successful Greystar team member? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Team player
Meet our people and discover how you can make an impact providing a home to people across the world.
"Greystar has granted me the opportunity to grow as an employee and assisted me in every obstacle I have encountered at work. With the amazing management and coworkers here, who have taught me what they know without hesitation, it is easy to see why people stay with the company a long time. Every day is something different, that makes the adventure of growing with the company so exciting!"- Omar
Health insurance (including company-paid opportunities) is offered, along with competitive dental and vision insurance plan options
Flexible Spending Accounts and Employer-matched 401(k) plans are offered
Paid Time Off
Full-time team members receive generous paid time off – including your birthday! – as well as paid sick leave, personal days, and company holidays
Paid Parental Leave
Maternal and paternal paid leave is available for the birth or adoption of a child
Ongoing support is available for career advancement opportunities in addition to corporate training programs
Experienced counselors are available 24/7 for confidential assistance to listen and help you find solutions at no cost to you
Note: Outlined benefits may vary by international region.
You have no recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the Save Job button or icon on the search results or job description pages.