R0071419 London, United Kingdom
Greystar is looking for dedicated and hard-working individuals who want to help us continue to be the best as what we do. Today, we are the largest rental housing operator and developer in the US and one of the largest global investment management companies, delivering industry-leading services to investors, clients, and residents. We offer unrivaled professional development and career growth opportunities to our team members and look forward to welcoming you to Greystar, where our people are what make us the Global Leader in Rental Housing.
What makes a successful Greystar team member? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Meet our people and discover how you can make an impact providing a home to people across the world.
"Working for such a well-integrated company lends me the opportunities to train and mentor my team, meet and exceed client expectations, and see the results from our on-site marketing and social media platforms through our online reputation/resident satisfaction. Greystar provides such a strong network of support and the invaluable opportunity to be able to collaborate with other managers within our portfolio."- Morgan
Health insurance (including company-paid opportunities) is offered, along with competitive dental and vision insurance plan options
Flexible Spending Accounts and Employer-matched 401(k) plans are offered
Paid Time Off
Full-time team members receive generous paid time off – including your birthday! – as well as paid sick leave, personal days, and company holidays
Paid Parental Leave
Maternal and paternal paid leave is available for the birth or adoption of a child
Ongoing support is available for career advancement opportunities in addition to corporate training programs
Experienced counselors are available 24/7 for confidential assistance to listen and help you find solutions at no cost to you
Note: Outlined benefits may vary for international team members.
To contribute to an exceptional resident experience through the provision of a high standard of repairs and maintenance tasks. To inspect and diagnose faults and repairs in addition to undertaking minor day to day repairs and decoration to the building(s), grounds and equipment.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Work as part of a friendly and supportive team playing a vital role within the Community team to ensure all our residents enjoy a high level of cleanliness throughout their community.
- Communicate effectively with customers, clients and colleagues; demonstrating a clear understanding of the issue and using initiative to respond accordingly.
- Maintain a focus on delivering services within agreed budgetary & resource parameters
- Monitor the electronic maintenance reporting system through internal system daily ensuring tasks are completed to a high standard and within suitable time scales, corresponding with tenants when required.
- Administer all property maintenance & records in accordance with Greystar policies & procedures.
- Maintain and log adequate levels of spares, stock and supplies, ensuring effective forward planning.
- To respond to calls outside office hours on on-call rota basis which cannot be resolved without a presence on site referring to appropriate contractors as necessary.
- Undertake repair and maintenance tasks to a high quality including plumbing; joinery and carpentry; painting/decorating; maintenance of lighting and; required statutory testing
- Understand, respond and record health and safety matters in an appropriate & timely manner.
- Ensure all common parts of the site including refuse and recycling facilities are frequently inspected and maintained to the highest standards of repair & cleanliness.
- Co-ordinate Contractors/Suppliers executing minor works contract on site.
- Monitor Sub-Contractors performance to standard and retain accurate records of their site operations including all relevant RAMS & Permits to Work.
- Highlight and assist with the management of any community works.
- Assist the Community Manager in key management ensuring high levels of security at all times.
- Accompany external contractors whilst on site in line with key management and access to accommodation policies and practice.
- Ensure annual checks and reporting are carried out for their statutory insurance and qualifications.
- Ensure all inventory related checks/works are carried out and associated charges communicated to the relevant people in the team.
- Ensure the gardens and grounds maintenance to the property are well maintained, clean, tidy and hazard free, supervising external contractors as required.
- Manage & maintain all statutory testing records, utilizing other team members where appropriate.
- Carry out annual PAT testing and inspections of emergency lighting, weekly fire alarm tests and fire evacuations.
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Company and safe systems of work guidelines.
- Report any incidents or accidents to the Community Manager using the correct system and documentation.
- Review site risk assessments as required with Community Manager.
- Look to maximise efficiency of utilities.
- A reasonable level of general education educated to O’ Level / GCSE level or equivalent with demonstrable written and numerical skills.
- Awareness of H&S requirements on site
- Continually strives to improve knowledge, skills and abilities to produce the best results
- A recognised trade qualification, Building Crafts Operative Certificate, City and Guilds or NVQ relevant to undertaking repairs and maintenance in a residential building is essential.
- Experience of undertaking repairs and maintenance in a domestic residential environment or as a general builder /residential construction in the following trades; plumber, electrician or carpenter
- Computer literate
- Fluent English verbal and written communication skills
- Helpful, friendly personality with effective communication skills behaving in a professional, courteous and helpful manner towards colleagues and residents at all times
- Good team player with strong relationship building and influencing skills
- Positive approach and ability to work with little supervision
- Ability to determine cost effective solutions to repairs
- Contractor & Supplier Supervision skills are desirable
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to multi task and prioritise
- Numerical skills necessary to complete the above activities
- Flexible approach to work and adaptable to thrive in a changing environment.
Behaviours & Values:
Integrity | Equality | Accountability | Professionalism | Teamwork | Service
You have no recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the Save Job button or icon on the search results or job description pages.