R0108456 Chapter Spitalfields London, United Kingdom
Greystar is looking for dedicated and hard-working individuals who want to help us continue to be the best as what we do. Today, we are the largest rental housing operator and developer in the US and one of the largest global investment management companies, delivering industry-leading services to investors, clients, and residents. We offer unrivaled professional development and career growth opportunities to our team members and look forward to welcoming you to Greystar, where our people are what make us the Global Leader in Rental Housing.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Works as part of the Community team to ensure all our residents enjoy a high level of cleanliness throughout their community.
- Communicates effectively with residents, clients, contractors and colleagues; demonstrating a clear understanding of maintenance issues and using initiative to respond accordingly.
- Monitors and maintains the electronic maintenance reporting system, Onsite, ensuring tasks are completed to a high standard and within suitable time scales, corresponding with tenants when required.
- Promotes customer satisfaction by providing regular updates to residents via Onsite regarding ongoing or delayed maintenance issues.
- Administers all property maintenance & records in accordance with Greystar policies & procedures
- Maintains a focus on delivering services within agreed budgetary & resource parameters
- Maintains adequate levels of spares, stock and supplies, ensuring effective forward planning
- Diagnoses and undertakes repair and maintenance tasks to a high quality including plumbing, joinery and carpentry, painting/decorating and lighting; or organizes and oversees repairs to completion if referred to contractors.
- Understands and responds to health and safety matters in an appropriate & timely manner
- Reports any incidents or accidents to the Community Manager using the correct system and documentation
- Moves furniture and heavy items around site as required
- Ensures all communal areas of the site including refuse and recycling facilities are frequently inspected and maintained to the highest standards of repair & cleanliness.
- Coordinates and accompanies externalContractors/Suppliersexecuting minor works on site
- Liaises with relevant team members within Estates Management or Operations teams to ensure transparency and clear communication when works are taking place.
- Monitors Sub-Contractors performance to standard and retains accurate records of their site operations including all relevant RAMS & Permits to Work.
- Highlights and assists with the management of any community works.
- Assists the Community Manager in key management ensuring high levels of security at all times.
- Ensures annual checks are carried out for their statutory insurance and qualifications.
- Manages and maintains all statutory testing records, utilising other team members where appropriate
- Carries out annual PAT testing and inspections of emergency lighting, weekly fire alarm tests and fire evacuations
- Ensures the gardens and grounds maintenance to the property are well maintained, clean, tidy and hazard free, supervising external contractors as required
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Company and safe systems of work guidelines
- Is available on call out of hours to respond to emergency situations to resolve problems or contact contractors to address.
- Reviews site risk assessments as required with Community Manager.
- Seeks to maximize efficiency of utilities.
Knowledge & Qualifications:
- A reasonable level of general education educated to O’ Level / GCSE level or equivalent with demonstrable written and numerical skills.
- Awareness of H&S requirements on site
- Continually strives to improve knowledge, skills and abilities to produce the best results
- A recognized trade qualification, Building Crafts Operative Certificate, City and Guilds or NVQ relevant to undertaking repairs and maintenance in a residential building, e.g. plumbing or electrical, is essential.
Experience & Skills:
- Experience of undertaking repairs and maintenance in a domestic residential environment or as a general builder /residential construction in the following trades; plumber, electrician or carpenter
- Experience of installing and maintaining hot and cold water systems, sanitary appliances and soil and waste drainage.
- Experience of installing and maintaining electrical systems and fire alarm, emergency lighting and security systems.
- Fluent English verbal and written communication skills
- Helpful, friendly personality with effective communication skills behaving in a professional, courteous and helpful manner towards colleagues and residents
- Good team player with strong relationship building and influencing skills
- Positive approach and ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to determine cost effective solutions to repairs
- Contractor & Supplier Supervision skills are desirable
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to multi task and priorities
- Flexible approach to work and adaptable to thrive in a changing environment.
What makes a successful Greystar team member? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Meet our people and discover how you can make an impact providing a home to people across the world.
"Greystar and my values are perfectly aligned to enrich the lives we touch by doing things the right way. The company lives by this and it provides balance in my life and work becomes an entirely different experience. There is passion that moves you to a whole new level of fulfillment and gratitude. That’s when you can do your best for yourself, your customers, and your team."- Daiva
Health insurance (including company-paid opportunities) is offered, along with competitive dental and vision insurance plan options
Flexible Spending Accounts and Employer-matched 401(k) plans are offered
Paid Time Off
Full-time team members receive generous paid time off – including your birthday! – as well as paid sick leave, personal days, and company holidays
Paid Parental Leave
Maternal and paternal paid leave is available for the birth or adoption of a child
Ongoing support is available for career advancement opportunities in addition to corporate training programs
Experienced counselors are available 24/7 for confidential assistance to listen and help you find solutions at no cost to you
Note: Outlined benefits may vary by international region.
You have no recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the Save Job button or icon on the search results or job description pages.