R0101154 London Corporate Office London, United Kingdom
Greystar is looking for dedicated and hard-working individuals who want to help us continue to be the best as what we do. Today, we are the largest rental housing operator and developer in the US and one of the largest global investment management companies, delivering industry-leading services to investors, clients, and residents. We offer unrivaled professional development and career growth opportunities to our team members and look forward to welcoming you to Greystar, where our people are what make us the Global Leader in Rental Housing.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Assisting in sourcing, preparing and presenting new investment memo’s, financing or disposition recommendations and updates on existing investments or portfolio status.
- Manage acquisition due diligence processes and closings with outside counterparties, managing external advisors.
- Actively engaging with owners, brokers, equity partners, lenders, attorneys, consultants and all other related internal departments, as appropriate.
- Financial analysis and underwriting of investment opportunities, including running detailed multi-tier pro-forma waterfall models, work closely with Development, Asset Management and Operations teams to ensure all assumptions have been reviewed and are coordinated.
- Engaging with lenders to negotiate termsheets and long form agreements and navigate internal approval processes (with support from in-house counsel).
- Assist with asset management, value-add execution and disposition of existing portfolio assets.
- Market investigation of potential acquisitions, competitive properties and local market fundamentals.
- Support the development of new and junior hires through financial investment training and best practices.
- Completes various human resources, financial, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary. Monitors and reports on key market, industry and competitor data.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Educated to degree level or equivalent in a related business or analytical subject; such as finance, business management, real estate, accounting, economics, mathematics, statistics, science or engineering.
- MBA in real estate, business or finance (preferred).
- IT literate and fully conversant with all Microsoft packages including PowerPoint (Advanced level) and Excel (Advanced level).
- General understanding of student/multi-family housing and third-party management.
Experience & Skills
- Significant experience of managing transactions within a real estate investment environment.
- Proven quantitative and qualitative analytical skills to effectively assess sensitivities and pressure points during complex negotiations.
- Proven numeracy skills; including the ability to manage and maintain accurate cash flow information and to complete financial records, budgets, and other fiscal reporting information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; including the ability to effectively write and present reports and information, and establish and maintain positive relationships and influence at all levels.
- The ability to research, analyse and present complex financial data.
- Demonstrable organisational and project management skills to juggle complex tasks and manage the workload of others, with the ability to work effectively under pressure, to deadlines and work flexibly in a change environment.
- A positive team player, with an adaptable and flexible approach along with ability to work collaboratively to drive results and support the wider team and business objectives.
- Demonstrable management and leadership skills and sufficient to recruit, lead and manage team members to achieve high performance.
What makes a successful Greystar team member? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Meet our people and discover how you can make an impact providing a home to people across the world.
"Working at Greystar has been an eye opening experience. From day one my supervisors have been enthusiastic and attentive to everything I need to be great at my job. I feel appreciated and know that I’m an important asset to them. Everyday I’m encouraged to improve my knowledge and develop new financial skills while being excited to do so. I was also nervous transitioning from the Marine Corps into the civilian workforce, but with the support of the Greystar accounting family that transition has been much easier."- Adam
Health insurance (including company-paid opportunities) is offered, along with competitive dental and vision insurance plan options
Flexible Spending Accounts and Employer-matched 401(k) plans are offered
Paid Time Off
Full-time team members receive generous paid time off – including your birthday! – as well as paid sick leave, personal days, and company holidays
Paid Parental Leave
Maternal and paternal paid leave is available for the birth or adoption of a child
Ongoing support is available for career advancement opportunities in addition to corporate training programs
Experienced counselors are available 24/7 for confidential assistance to listen and help you find solutions at no cost to you
Note: Outlined benefits may vary by international region.
You have no recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the Save Job button or icon on the search results or job description pages.