R0108918 London Corporate Office London, United Kingdom
Greystar is looking for dedicated and hard-working individuals who want to help us continue to be the best as what we do. Today, we are the largest rental housing operator and developer in the US and one of the largest global investment management companies, delivering industry-leading services to investors, clients, and residents. We offer unrivaled professional development and career growth opportunities to our team members and look forward to welcoming you to Greystar, where our people are what make us the Global Leader in Rental Housing.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Preparation of month-end and quarter end reporting packs and year-end reporting activities for offshore holding entities, including reports and supporting schedules for all balance sheet line items and commentary on profit and loss line items.
- Monthly consolidations across multi-property portfolios in Student and PRS special purpose vehicles.
- Preparation/review of accruals, prepayments, and posting of journal entries.
- Cash management, including review of bank reconciliations, forecasts, and payment approvals.
- Preparation and management of quarterly or ad hoc intra-group distribution and capital call waterfalls, including monitoring of cash balances and knowledge of capital expenditure budgets.
- Preparation of investor capital calls and distributions, liaising with Portfolio Management, Investor Relations, Operational and Corporate Accounting and Administrators as required.
- Quarterly lender reporting including cash waterfalls, compliance certificates and covenant calculations.
- Assisting with the investor reporting process, providing financial tables and charts and consolidated budget variance analysis commentary.
- Preparation of consolidated audited financial statements within investor and lender reporting deadlines, for Student and PRS portfolios.
- Preparation of subsidiary audited and unaudited financial statements and supporting schedules for Student and PRS portfolios.
- Assist with year-end audits.
- Assistance with the preparation of accounting memos on all technical accounting changes.
- Knowledge of structure agreements, including lender requirements, investor requirements and external reporting requirements.
- Transition of completed developments from the development accounting team.
- Calculation of investment level management fees.
- Preparation of quarterly VAT Returns and annual Tax Computations for offshore holding entities.
- Assist with annual budgeting and re-forecasting for offshore holding entities.
Assist the Financial Controller, Finance Manager and Senior Investment Accountant with the management of investment accounting for Student and PRS operating asset portfolios across the UK
- Senior Investment Accountants
- Financial Controller, JVs (Line Manager)
- Finance Director, JVs
- Centralised Asset and Development Finance teams
- Asset Management and Portfolio Management teams
- External advisors (auditors, due diligence advisors, corporate administrators, etc.)
- Portfolio investors and lenders
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Excellent written and numerical skills.
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified accountant with demonstrable post qualified industry experience.
- Thorough understanding of accounting policies and procedures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Experience with Yardi (preferred).
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and multi-tasking are essential, using initiative to prioritise
- Desire to work in a dynamic and growing organisation
Experience & Skills
- Sound knowledge of Accounting GAAPs, IFRS and Audit
- Debt compliance and investor reporting experience
- Good communicator with the ability to interpret and explain complex financial data
- Positive “can do” attitude with desire to learn, train and develop in the role
- Excellent attention to detail, methodical and takes pride in work
- Self-starter who takes initiative to grow within the role
- Strong time management skills to organize a multitude of concurrent tasks
- Experience working within the Real Estate sector
- Experience working with off-shore real estate structures
- Experience in acquisition accounting, including financial due diligence
What makes a successful Greystar team member? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Meet our people and discover how you can make an impact providing a home to people across the world.
"Greystar and my values are perfectly aligned to enrich the lives we touch by doing things the right way. The company lives by this and it provides balance in my life and work becomes an entirely different experience. There is passion that moves you to a whole new level of fulfillment and gratitude. That’s when you can do your best for yourself, your customers, and your team."- Daiva
Health insurance (including company-paid opportunities) is offered, along with competitive dental and vision insurance plan options
Flexible Spending Accounts and Employer-matched 401(k) plans are offered
Paid Time Off
Full-time team members receive generous paid time off – including your birthday! – as well as paid sick leave, personal days, and company holidays
Paid Parental Leave
Maternal and paternal paid leave is available for the birth or adoption of a child
Ongoing support is available for career advancement opportunities in addition to corporate training programs
Experienced counselors are available 24/7 for confidential assistance to listen and help you find solutions at no cost to you
Note: Outlined benefits may vary by international region.
You have no recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the Save Job button or icon on the search results or job description pages.