HR Co-Ordinator, UK & Ireland
R0100271 London Corporate Office London, United Kingdom
Greystar is looking for dedicated and hard-working individuals who want to help us continue to be the best as what we do. Today, we are the largest rental housing operator and developer in the US and one of the largest global investment management companies, delivering industry-leading services to investors, clients, and residents. We offer unrivaled professional development and career growth opportunities to our team members and look forward to welcoming you to Greystar, where our people are what make us the Global Leader in Rental Housing.
Key Role Responsibilities
You will supervise the outsourced HR admin support team. You will be responsible for implementing HR best practice with this team and embedding processes and procedures to ensure all activities in relation to hiring, onboarding and HRIS system changes are executed accurately and in a timely manner.
Hiring, Onboarding & Offboarding
With the support of the outsourced HR admin team you will:
- Prepare offer letters and contracts of employment;
- Support the new-hire and on-boarding process; issuing and collecting all necessary documentation and answering manager and team member questions around documents, processes and policies;
- Complete pre-employment screens including right to work checks and referencing;
- Communicate details of starters, leavers and transfers to IT or other functions as necessary to manage IT access and ensure office equipment is set up in a timely manner;
- Support with the offboarding of team members including referencing.
You will become the expert and champion of our HRIS system Workday and will:
- Operate Workday and becomes the gatekeeper for all HRIS activity;
- Completes HRIS reporting for Europe;
- Produce adhoc reports for Finance, managers and other statutory bodies;
- Complete routine auditing of HRIS system ensuring accuracy;
- Work with the HRIS team in the USA on continuous improvement and enhancing of workday functionality.
You will lead and support on other HR administrative activities including:
- Ownership of the HR Admin inbox, promoting employee satisfaction by responding to team member questions, concerns, issues, requests, researching and resolving problems or errors and following up to communicate resolutions;
- Prepare and maintain employee personal electronic files and other HR documentation in an orderly manner; scanning, filing, making file contents available on request as appropriate to team members, managers or other authorised parties. Routinely auditing personal and other files for completeness, consistency and security;
- Manage user access and provide training and troubleshooting support to managers and team members on the use of HR systems.
- In partnership with HR Business Partners, prepares documents, letters and other communication materials for internal or external distribution related to the Company’s HR policies, procedures and processes;
- Support HR Business Partners with ER activities e.g. case management
- Provide first level response to policy queries and ensure the ER tracker is updated;
- Works with the HR team to implement new systems which will increase efficiency and reduce time spent on administration;
- Support HR Business Partners with monthly payroll activity;
- Support wider European HR team;
- Reports to the HR Senior Director;
- Supervision of the Outsourced HR Admin team;
- This role will mainly support the HR Business Partners for the UK & Ireland
This role has day to day interactions and working relationships with:
- Outsourced HR Admin team based in India;
- A varied range of internal stakeholders from front line team members to managers in Property Operations & Corporate;
- Prospective team members;
- External service providers and partners;
- HR Team members in Europe & the US.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Good level of general education educated to GCSE/A-level as a minimum (or equivalent) and/or relevant HR experience with demonstrable written and numerical skills;
- Demonstrated ability to operate a broad range of computer packages, including advanced skills in current Microsoft applications and familiarity with HRIS, ideally Workday;
- Proficient in word processing and use of Excel (ideally at Intermediate level) to maintain records of information and to develop and provide information;
- Mathematical skills necessary to manage any manual checks of calculations required for payroll administration and holiday calculations.
Experience & Skills:
- A proven track record in HR administration;
- Experience of implementing, embedding and enhancing procedures;
- Experience of supervising and successfully training team members;
- Experience in reporting data for budgeting and reporting purposes;
- Demonstrates a passion for customer service and a flexible approach to working supportively and collaboratively with others in the achievement of the overall Company goals;
- Strong team work and interpersonal skills necessary to build stakeholder relationships;
- Good attention to detail with the ability to identify errors and anomalies in documents and reports;
- Excellent organisational skills, including the ability to manage multiple activities and/or prioritises and demonstrate good judgment under pressure whilst working to tight deadlines;
- Adaptable and able to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Discretion and the ability to handle sensitive/confidential information;
- Patient, responsive and demonstrate both a positive and proactive attitude;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to prepare business correspondence, reports and other documents;
- Desire to learn, train and develop in the role.
- CIPD qualification
What makes a successful Greystar team member? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Meet our people and discover how you can make an impact providing a home to people across the world.
"Working at Greystar has been an eye opening experience. From day one my supervisors have been enthusiastic and attentive to everything I need to be great at my job. I feel appreciated and know that I’m an important asset to them. Everyday I’m encouraged to improve my knowledge and develop new financial skills while being excited to do so. I was also nervous transitioning from the Marine Corps into the civilian workforce, but with the support of the Greystar accounting family that transition has been much easier."- Adam
Health insurance (including company-paid opportunities) is offered, along with competitive dental and vision insurance plan options
Flexible Spending Accounts and Employer-matched 401(k) plans are offered
Paid Time Off
Full-time team members receive generous paid time off – including your birthday! – as well as paid sick leave, personal days, and company holidays
Paid Parental Leave
Maternal and paternal paid leave is available for the birth or adoption of a child
Ongoing support is available for career advancement opportunities in addition to corporate training programs
Experienced counselors are available 24/7 for confidential assistance to listen and help you find solutions at no cost to you
Note: Outlined benefits may vary by international region.
You have no recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the Save Job button or icon on the search results or job description pages.