Financial Controller (Maternity Leave Cover)London, United Kingdom ;
The role includes the management of a team of Investment Accountants to support the completion of the responsibilities detailed below.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Investor and lender reporting of portfolios, including monitoring and documenting reporting requirements, timely external quarterly debt compliance and investor reporting, and timely internal monthly performance reporting.
- Ownership / review of capital and return management of the portfolios for new and existing investors, including review of investor capital call and distribution statements, review of inter-group distributions and oversight of capital requirements through the structure.
- Ownership of asset/portfolio acquisition and disposals, covering management of relationship with external advisors, engagement with deal teams, review and input on SPAs, input of purchase price mechanisms, review of acquisition accounting.
- Business partnering with internal teams, including asset management, investment, portfolio management.
- Leads the annual audit process with external preparers of financial statements, including owning the relationship with local auditor teams, and input / review of the consolidated financial statements that are prepared by external provider.
- Management of relationships with outsourced investment accounting providers (where applicable), and engagement with corporate administrators.
- Final review of the annual planning and budgeting process ensuring compliance with proforma models, partnering with Operational Team, Investment Team vision, and investor requirements.
- Technical and process accounting memos for corporate transactions and new reporting standards.
- Reviewing and inputting into new portfolio and facility agreements.
- Manages ad-hoc requests from investors and stakeholders.
- Partnering with Centralised Asset Accounting team for timely preparation of operating and property entity management accounts.
- Assistance with management of the portfolios’ tax, legal, portfolio, allocation, conflicts, regulatory, filing, and safeguards deadlines.
- Assistance with the investment property valuation process.
- Completes various financial, accounting, narrative, administrative and other reports and analysis and duties as assigned or necessary for the successful execution of the business plans.
- Line management of a team of 4 qualified accountants, development and coaching of professional report.
- The role is based in the London Office in with occasional travel to other Greystar locations, including the Netherlands.
Knowledge & Qualifications:
- Qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) with several years post-qualified experience.
- Demonstrable understanding of accounting policies and procedures.
- Previous experience with financial accounting and property management software (Yardi experience is a benefit).
- Thorough understanding of UK Companies and off-shore SPV structures.
- Working knowledge of UK and off-shore tax compliance.
- Experience in IFRS and UK GAAP and Dutch GAAP
- Debt compliance and investor reporting experience.
- Experience of engaging and collaborating with multiple stakeholders across the business.
- Experience in acquisition accounting, including financial due diligence.
Behaviours & Values:
- Integrity - We will stay true to the highest ethical standards and principles, and be honest, trustworthy, and humble in all of our words and actions.
- Equality - We celebrate individual differences, encourage diversity of thought, provide equality of opportunity, and cultivate an environment where all individuals are seen, treated, and valued equally.
- Accountability - We will take responsibility and accept ownership for our words, actions, tasks, and results, and respectfully hold others to the same standard.
- Professionalism - We will proudly present a positive, dignified, and business-like image at all times through our appearance, behaviour, and interactions with others.
- Teamwork - We will work together to accomplish goals, solve problems, and enrich our work environment.
- Service - We will make service our top priority by giving our time, knowledge, and experience to serve the needs of our customers, community, and team members.
You have no recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the Save Job button or icon on the search results or job description pages.