Finance Manager, Development FinanceLondon, United Kingdom ;
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of 3 including Senior Development Accountant, Accountant and AP Specialist. Emphasis on team development via training team members and staff performance in accordance with company policies, values and business practice. Will also include interviewing and hiring in the team if required.
- Manage the onboarding of new development, forward fund and forward purchase deals across Europe. Review the tax structuring papers, help prepare/review the due diligence reports, funds flow, transactional documents and audit memos. Engage administrators, set up the structures in the accounting and cost-tracking systems.
- Ensure monthly funding process for all development projects happens smoothly. Review the Capital calls, draws and debt funding requests for all projects, as prepared by the Development Accountant or third party service provider.
- Oversee the monthly financial close for all development structures and the review and presentation of monthly financial reporting. Provide process and systems training to all relevant stakeholders.
- Lead the quarterly Fair Value reporting from a finance perspective for all Development assets from coordinating the inputs to the development team (costs to complete).
- Manage all internal and external reporting of the funds including quarterly management accounts and lender compliance reporting.
- Point of contact with LP investors at a senior level.
- Review all payment runs before they are sent to Administrator for processing. Ensure strong working relationship with Administrator is maintained.
- Review monthly/quarterly VAT returns across all development projects.
- Identify areas to improve existing processes and templates to increase team effectiveness and efficiency. Help streamline the budgeting and cost-tracking processes across Europe, to ensure the Finance team is well-placed to scale up and absorb the pipeline growth. Ensure the Development teams are fully trained and kept up-to-date on the latest development budgeting matters.
- Work alongside the operational finance team to standardise processes and ensure a seamless transition from the development team to operations team when completed assets are transferred.
- Provide first level technical accounting and operational process support to the team, through coaching and assistance.
- Coordination with external auditors on annual audit of all fund structures.
- High level of general education with strong communication – written and verbal
- Qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA), preferably with exposure to development accounting and company structures.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word. Previous use of Yardi would be an advantage.
- Basic understanding of VAT.
- Thorough understanding of accounting procedures and double entry book-keeping.
- Working knowledge of IFRS within the Real Estate sector.
- Experience of working in a similar role within a fast-paced multi-site business ideally within the Real Estate/ Student Accommodation sector.
- Able to prepare and explain financial data to business leaders and managers, team members, clients, internal and external auditors, and other business contacts.
- Demonstrated management and supervisory skills sufficient to lead, direct, evaluate, and mentor team members and/or peers.
- Good communicator, with the ability to interpret and complex financial data.
- Positive “can do” attitude with desire to learn, train and develop in the role.
- Good attention to detail, taking pride in work.
- Self-starter with a methodical and organised approach.
- Ability to work to deadlines and multi task, using initiative to prioritise.
- Experience in both investment level accounting and development accounting.
Why Choose Greystar?
- Competitive annual salary.
- Discretionary annual bonus.
- Group Private medical insurance.
- Hybrid working.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Season ticket loan.
- Class pass membership.
- Education assistance program.
- Fantastic learning and development opportunities as Greystar continues to expand in Europe.
Behaviours & Values:
Integrity | Equality | Accountability | Professionalism | Teamwork |Service
You have no recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the Save Job button or icon on the search results or job description pages.