Director, Portfolio ManagementLondon, United Kingdom ;
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Monitor and oversee individual investment or portfolio performance in relation to asset and portfolio objectives, critically evaluating existing real estate operations and business plan execution to identify new strategies to drive NOI and maximize returns across the portfolio.
- Interface with Equity Partners, Lenders, Investment and Executive Committee by maintaining on-going communication, providing detailed reports, market updates, and financial analysis on the performance of the portfolios, making recommendations for strategies to maximize value.
- Communicate and interact closely with local teams responsible for implementing individual asset business plans, providing leadership to the Portfolio Management team responsible for asset execution.
- Perform portfolio return and valuation analysis and review and prepare both internal and external reporting for assigned ventures.
- Manage and monitor cash flows including reviewing and approving capital calls and distributions ensuring alignment with venture documents and underwriting.
- Participate with the Company's senior leaders in routine market review discussions to examine the overall operational and financial results for the owned asset portfolio, present and justify business plans, make strategy recommendations, and complete portfolio return and valuation analysis.
- Actively participate in major capitalization initiatives, acquisitions and dispositions.
- Maintain and implement detailed knowledge of various partnership agreements and venture structures, ensuring appropriate governance is maintained.
- Maintain and develop a broad network of industry related resources to support the execution and growth of the investment portfolio.
- Lead and manage team members; interviewing, hiring, on boarding and developing direct reports and other team members as appropriate and managing their performance in accordance with Company policies, values, and business practices.
- Completes various financial, accounting, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
- Based in our London Head office.
- Reports to the Managing Director, Portfolio Management
- Direct reports: Associates and Analysts.
- The post holder will have the opportunity to influence strategies of the Company’s investment projects in the UK.
- This role will have an initial focus on our current operations in the UK and will also support other projects as Greystar expands further in mainland Europe.
- The incumbent must develop a deep understanding of Greystar’s UK operations, as well as building relationships with UK, EU and US leadership and Portfolio Management teams.
- Works closely with colleagues and senior leaders across the wider Investment, Investor Relations, Development, and Operations teams.
- Interacts with equity partners, lenders and real estate owners and principals; local, national and international agencies and consultants and senior executives.
- Interacts with US Portfolio Management team to implement best practices and synergies across the European investment portfolio.
Experience, Qualifications & Knowledge:
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent in a relevant subject such as real estate, business, or finance and/or equivalent experience;
- MBA in real estate, business or finance, MRICS or similar professional accreditation (desirable)
- IT literate and fully conversant with all Microsoft packages including Excel (Advanced level) and PowerPoint (Advanced level)
- General understanding of/interest in student/multifamily housing.
- Demonstrable senior level experience working in a similar investment, asset or portfolio management role.
- Demonstrable real estate experience (essential) within the UK and internationally (preferred)
- Strong understanding of real estate and debt markets; and of standard terms and structures of deal capital.
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills, along with the ability to quickly interpret complex written and financial data.
- Commercially focused and able to apply sound business principals.
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills and sufficient to recruit, lead and manage team members to achieve high performance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to establish and maintain positive relationships and act with impact and influence at all levels.
- Strong written communication skills; including the ability to articulate and discuss fund/portfolio and underlying investment, and the ability to effectively write and present concise business presentations and investment reviews.
- Strong organisational and project management skills to juggle complex tasks and manage the workload of others, with the ability to work effectively under pressure, to deadlines and work flexibly in change environment and within a dynamic real estate investment and asset management environment.
- Self-motivated and proactive, both with respect to managing workload and own professional development
- Fluency in a European Language.
- Relevant experience in the student accommodation, residential or hotel sectors.
- Offshore and corporate transactional experience.
Behaviours & Values:
Integrity | Equality | Accountability | Professionalism | Teamwork |Service
You have no recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the Save Job button or icon on the search results or job description pages.