Project ManagerLondon, United Kingdom ;
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Managing the delivery of single and multi-phase construction projects. Activities will include, but not be limited to, reviewing project specifications, drawings, providing input into preparing hard cost estimates and project budgets, managing contractor procurement and site activities, inspecting and approving completed work, controlling the construction budget & expenses and ensuring compliance with all legal, planning, building regulations and health & safety requirements.
- Participates in and/or leads initial and on-going project planning meetings, assists in developing the project’s scope of work and specifications, and prepares the project budget, timeline, and construction schedule.
- Responsible for managing the procurement of contractors and sub-contractors, develops, negotiates, and approves contracts, and provides for the acquisition of materials, supplies, and other service providers required to complete the project.
- Reviews and recommends change orders or amendments to the specifications, blueprints, and plans when appropriate, and ensures related documents and budgets are amended as needed to reflect changes to the project specifications.
- Monitors construction budget and timeline performance and regularly report on progress (e.g. minutes, progress reports, management reports, quality reports and monthly reports) to ensure on-time and on-budget project completion.
- Oversees compliance with the Company’s safety standards and applicable codes and other legal and regulatory requirements by staying informed about relevant codes and permit requirements, and by preparing and/or submitting required documentation and other information to appropriate agencies.
- Monitors work at the construction site, makes routine quality control inspections for compliance to code and safety standards, troubleshoots and resolves issues that may affect the construction schedule, and appropriately raises concerns to key business leaders when required. Steps in as needed to address and resolve issues and problems, and recommends, approves, and implements modifications to the project plans, schedule, staffing, or budget as needed
- Works closely with Operations and Asset Managers to handover units at completion (including phased handover), ensuring a smooth transition and that all aspects of the project adhere to Company development standards, templates and quality levels.
- Typically focuses on multiple projects, depending on size & complexity.
- Communicates with key business leaders to provide updates on the status of projects, surface and address concerns, and plan specific actions as needed to ensure the on-time and on-budget completion of the projects.
- Manages relationships with project and construction teams (internal or 3rd party) to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner, designed according to plan and within budgetary guidelines. This includes ensuring the team follows procedures around technical development cost and quality control, and that all required permits and approvals are obtained.
- Strong project management experience; including demonstrated ability to oversee the entire life cycle of the construction process up to and including handover in order to effectively track, report and manage multiple projects and priorities where meeting deadlines is critical.
- Experience in coordinating the delivery of a mixed-use scheme.
- Experience in multiple phased projects and infrastructure works including roads, utilities, drainage and an understanding of programme and site-wide logistics.
- Experience or exposure to large scale phased development projects (desirable).
- Strong knowledge of construction contracts (particularly JCT) and experience of managing client actions.
- Experience in applying Environmental, Social & Governance (ESG) principles to construction projects (desirable).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; including the ability to effectively write and present reports and information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to establish and maintain positive relationships, communicate with tact and diplomacy, and influence with impact at all levels.
- Proven ability to build, lead, manage and motivate project teams in the delivery of significant programmes.
- Demonstrated skills necessary to supervise and monitor works provided by (technical) consultants, negotiate, manage and monitor construction/technical related agreements.
- Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply & divide numbers, decimals and fractions and calculate percentages to complete financial records, budgets and other fiscal reporting information.
- Strong organisational and project management skills with the ability to effectively track, report, and manage multiple projects and prioritise where meeting deadlines is critical.
- A positive team player, with an adaptable and flexible approach along with ability to work collaboratively to drive results and support the wider team and business objectives.
Behaviours & Values:
Integrity | Equality | Accountability | Professionalism | Teamwork | Service
You have no recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the Save Job button or icon on the search results or job description pages.