Customer Service Manager (Nights)
R0101153 Chapter Kings Cross London, United Kingdom
Greystar is looking for dedicated and hard-working individuals who want to help us continue to be the best as what we do. Today, we are the largest rental housing operator and developer in the US and one of the largest global investment management companies, delivering industry-leading services to investors, clients, and residents. We offer unrivaled professional development and career growth opportunities to our team members and look forward to welcoming you to Greystar, where our people are what make us the Global Leader in Rental Housing.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Acts as a role model at all times by demonstrating the core values
- Leads overnight shifts
- Provides reception, administration, and exceptional customer service and safety support (including key management and handling lock outs)
- Supervises the routines of the onsite security teams including overseeing surveillance and regular patrols, identification and resolution of safety hazards or risks and handling of complaints (including noise and prohibited substance use) where required
- Inducts new security team members in the required company policies and procedures.
- Ensures all relevant Company policies and procedures are actioned effectively for example; guest procedures and out of hours check-in and check-out
- Responds to booking enquiries and undertakes sales conversations with potential new customers or ensures handover enables next day follow up to ensure full occupancy of the community
- Supports the smooth running of social events and activities, encouraging engagement and assisting the team in the retention of residents.
- Prepares and delivers timely communication between day and night teams ensuring all resident issues are handed over effectively
- Provides a decisive and effective response to customer complaints requiring action in a timely manner, assisting in and resolving customer disputes and escalating where necessary and with appropriate support and guidance
- Manages common amenity areas ensuring that the property is presented to an exceptional standard by undertaking or delegating minor cleaning around the grounds and inside buildings, including litter picks and spills · General administration duties
- Minor maintenance issues – and the effective reporting of all tenant faults if unable to deal with the fault there and then.
- Investigating maintenance problems and finding solutions where possible, to include:
- Managing basic lock and key issues e.g. reprogramming and resetting keys o Investigating basic heating and radiator problems o Investigating power supply problems at a basic level
- Fixing leaks through isolating water supply This job description is not exhaustive; roles are expected to evolve and change over time as the business grows and develops, within reason of the original remit.
- Ensures a safe and secure environment at all times, responding to and attending safety and basic maintenance related calls
- Responsible for your own health and safety and that of all colleagues
- · Reporting in the handover/security handover book all issues encountered during the night
- Handles any issues or incidents with the appropriate level of involvement from the emergency services and ensuring that all procedures are followed
- Maintains the incident log, ensuring the Community Manager is informed of all incidents, and reporting any trends and repeat behaviors when necessary
- Maintains positive community relationships e.g. neighbors, local communities, police community officers, Fire and Rescue Service and local authorities Maintains an awareness of Health and Safety, Data Protection and compliance, and ensures adherence at all times.
- Conducts and logs room and communal area inspections as required
- Demonstrates a flexible approach to work and a willingness to undertake all reasonable duties as requested
- The Chapter Kings Cross community accommodates approximately 970 residents supported by a team of 7
- Community Managers and Community Teams.
- Regional Operations Managers
- Corporate Support Teams including HR, Finance, Systems, Sales & Marketing, Health & Safety & Capital Projects.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Good level of general education
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- A knowledge and understanding of UK Health and Safety policies preferably with some form of recognized training i.e. IOSH or NEBOSH
Experience & Skills: Essential
- Excellent customer service skills and significant experience in a similar accommodation/hospitality/leisure or reservations/membership environment
- Self-starter with the ability to self-motivate
- A strong team player but capable of working autonomously and taking ownership.
- Evidence of organization skills with the ability to multi task and prioritise whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Fluent English verbal and written communication skills
- Numerical skills necessary to complete the above activities
- Self and culturally aware and able to adapt relationship building, communications and negotiation skills to suit audience
- Flexible approach to working in a fast-paced environment and adaptable to thriving in a changing environment.
- Enthusiasm to deliver an exceptional experience to stakeholders and continuously improve knowledge of self and others.
- Previous experience supervising or leading a team to deliver excellent customer service
- SIA License
- Experience of employing conflict management communications & techniques
- Proficiency in using property operations systems. Training will however, be provided
Behaviors & Values
- Integrity - We will stay true to the highest ethical standards and principles, and be honest, trustworthy, and humble in all of our words and actions.
- Respect - We will accept and value our individual differences and show genuine consideration for the thoughts, needs, and ideas of others. We value and encourage a work/life balance.
- Accountability - We will take responsibility and accept ownership for our words, actions, tasks, and results, and respectfully hold others to the same standard.
- Professionalism - We will proudly present a positive, dignified, and business-like image at all times through our appearance, behavior, and interactions with others.
- Teamwork - We will work together to accomplish goals, solve problems, and enrich our work environment.
- Service - We will make service our top priority by giving our time, knowledge, and experience to serve the needs of our customers, community, and team members.
What makes a successful Greystar team member? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Meet our people and discover how you can make an impact providing a home to people across the world.
"Greystar and my values are perfectly aligned to enrich the lives we touch by doing things the right way. The company lives by this and it provides balance in my life and work becomes an entirely different experience. There is passion that moves you to a whole new level of fulfillment and gratitude. That’s when you can do your best for yourself, your customers, and your team."- Daiva
Health insurance (including company-paid opportunities) is offered, along with competitive dental and vision insurance plan options
Flexible Spending Accounts and Employer-matched 401(k) plans are offered
Paid Time Off
Full-time team members receive generous paid time off – including your birthday! – as well as paid sick leave, personal days, and company holidays
Paid Parental Leave
Maternal and paternal paid leave is available for the birth or adoption of a child
Ongoing support is available for career advancement opportunities in addition to corporate training programs
Experienced counselors are available 24/7 for confidential assistance to listen and help you find solutions at no cost to you
Note: Outlined benefits may vary by international region.
You have no recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the Save Job button or icon on the search results or job description pages.