R0113776 Chapter Kings Cross London, United Kingdom
Greystar is looking for dedicated and hard-working individuals who want to help us continue to be the best as what we do. Today, we are the largest rental housing operator and developer in the US and one of the largest global investment management companies, delivering industry-leading services to investors, clients, and residents. We offer unrivaled professional development and career growth opportunities to our team members and look forward to welcoming you to Greystar, where our people are what make us the Global Leader in Rental Housing.
Assisting the Community Manager in the day-to-day financial and operational management of the property including leasing, marketing, property maintenance
and tenancy administration.
Key Role Responsibilities:
• Acts as a role model at all times by demonstrating the core values
• Acts up covering the Community Manager responsibilities in his or her absence ensuring work is organised and executed in line with Greystar expectations.
• Actively seeks interaction and contact with residents to proactively seek to improve the front of house service delivery anticipating and exceeding resident expectations.
• Promotes resident satisfaction and retention by monitoring resident feedback including online reviews and responding to questions, requests and complaints in a timely manner, and taking appropriate action to resolve and address service issues.
• Assists and supports the Community Manager with communications, assessment and development of team members
• Monitors payments and chases outstanding rent arrears following rent collection processes to meet business goals whilst promoting tenancy extensions and other revenue streams
• Co-ordinates the tenancy management process by making periodic apartment inspections, evicting residents, and imposing and collecting late fees and other charges within the terms of the agreement.
• Processes invoices from vendors, contractors and service providers for payment and This job description is not exhaustive; roles are expected to evolve and change over time as the business grows and develops, within reason of the original remit. Version 2.0 06/16 manages communication with finance team members and other stakeholders as required.
• Ensures the operation of the community complies with Company policies and procedures and any laws and regulations governing housing operations and residential lettings.
• Conducts regular community walkabouts and inspections and takes appropriate actions to ensure that the physical aspects of the property, grounds, buildings, and amenities meet established standards for safety, cleanliness, and general appearance and appeal.
• Completes relevant operational, financial and compliance administrative tasks including routine weekly and monthly reporting and ensures property data is accurate
• Supports with resident event management within the community • Undertakes marketing and leasing activities including: viewings, following up on enquiries and sales conversions.
• Develops and maintains local knowledge and information resources relevant to resident needs i.e. travel, entertainment and amenities.
• Stays informed about current market and competitor conditions
• Assists with summer community preparations, including move-in and move-out processes.
• Assists the Community Manager to ensure the property meets necessary Health and Safety requirements, monitors incident reporting system and completes compliance activities in line with the Company’s policies and procedures. • Participates where required in an on call roster to provide out of hours emergency support for the community.
• Works with the Community Manager in the preparation of the annual budget and monthly management accounts
• Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organisational standards, and operational processes related to area(s) of responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individual(s).
• Demonstrates appropriate safe behaviours in accordance with Company, property, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, employee/visitor/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate individual(s).
• Identifies areas for improvement, offers suggestions to improve efficiency and productivity, and implements ideas that achieve operational excellence.
• Keeps abreast of current changes in technology, processes, and standards within the industry and area(s) of responsibility by attending internal and external training classes, research and/or subscribing to the internet or other professional publications, or utilising other appropriate method(s) to obtain business and professional information, and applies knowledge and practices to area(s) of responsibility.
• Property specific details to be added Key Relationships:
• Community Managers and Community Teams.
• Regional Operations Managers
• Corporate Support Teams including HR, Finance, Systems, Sales & Marketing, Health & Safety & Capital Projects
Knowledge & Qualifications:
• Good level of general education This job description is not exhaustive; roles are expected to evolve and change over time as the business grows and develops, within reason of the original remit.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Proficiency in using property operation systems. Training will however, be provided.
• Knowledge of Landlord/Tenant Legislation.
Experience & Skills:
• Excellent customer service skills and significant experience in a customer facing service delivery role.
• Good team player with strong relationship building and influencing skills
• Ability to act autonomously, taking decisions and/or action when required.
• Fluent English verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organisation skills with the ability to multi task and prioritise
• Numerical skills necessary to complete the above activities
• Self and culturally aware and able to adapt relationship building, communications and negotiation skills to suit audience
• Flexible approach to work and adaptable to thrive in a changing environment. • Enthusiasm to deliver an exceptional experience to stakeholders and continuously improve knowledge of self and others.
• Previous experience supervising or leading a team to deliver excellent customer service.
• Demonstrable ability to coach and mentor team members
• A knowledge and understanding of UK Health and Safety policies preferably with some form of recognised training i.e. IOSH or NEBOSH.
Behaviours & Values:
• Integrity - We will stay true to the highest ethical standards and principles, and be honest, trustworthy, and humble in all of our words and actions.
• Respect - We will accept and value our individual differences and show genuine consideration for the thoughts, needs, and ideas of others. We value and encourage a work/life balance.
• Accountability - We will take responsibility and accept ownership for our words, actions, tasks, and results, and respectfully hold others to the same standard.
• Professionalism - We will proudly present a positive, dignified, and business-like image at all times through our appearance, behaviour, and interactions with others.
• Teamwork - We will work together to accomplish goals, solve problems, and enrich our work environment.
• Service - We will make service our top priority by giving our time, knowledge, and experience to serve the needs of our customers, community, and team members
What makes a successful Greystar team member? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Meet our people and discover how you can make an impact providing a home to people across the world.
"Greystar and my values are perfectly aligned to enrich the lives we touch by doing things the right way. The company lives by this and it provides balance in my life and work becomes an entirely different experience. There is passion that moves you to a whole new level of fulfillment and gratitude. That’s when you can do your best for yourself, your customers, and your team."- Daiva
Health insurance (including company-paid opportunities) is offered, along with competitive dental and vision insurance plan options
Flexible Spending Accounts and Employer-matched 401(k) plans are offered
Paid Time Off
Full-time team members receive generous paid time off – including your birthday! – as well as paid sick leave, personal days, and company holidays
Paid Parental Leave
Maternal and paternal paid leave is available for the birth or adoption of a child
Ongoing support is available for career advancement opportunities in addition to corporate training programs
Experienced counselors are available 24/7 for confidential assistance to listen and help you find solutions at no cost to you
Note: Outlined benefits may vary by international region.
You have no recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the Save Job button or icon on the search results or job description pages.