Director, Real Estate
R0107740 City Office Dallas Irving, Texas
Greystar is looking for dedicated and hard-working individuals who want to help us continue to be the best as what we do. Today, we are the largest rental housing operator and developer in the US and one of the largest global investment management companies, delivering industry-leading services to investors, clients, and residents. We offer unrivaled professional development and career growth opportunities to our team members and look forward to welcoming you to Greystar, where our people are what make us the Global Leader in Rental Housing.
- Formulates the annual goals and business plan in line with the Company’s strategic goals, and develops budget(s) for the assigned portfolio and markets by analyzing and evaluating financial statements, reconciling monthly statements against approved budget, and working with the senior management team and others to discuss financial resource needs and issues.
- Oversees the operating performance of and compliance with the Company’s property management procedures and policies by inspecting properties, reviewing financial pricing models and marketing plan(s), conducting operational and financial audits, and developing corrective action plans as necessary to achieve stated goals and objectives.
- Supervises the staffing and talent acquisition for the assigned markets and portfolios, and manages team members by interviewing, hiring, orienting, and training team members, and oversees their performance in accordance with Company policies, values, and business practices.
- Researches and develops potentials for new business opportunities by identifying and meeting with potential clients, developing and making financial proposals, and following up through the close of transactions and takeovers.
- Manages client and customer satisfaction by maintaining frequent communication, providing reports and information on the performance and progress of the portfolio, responding quickly and with urgency to questions, requests, and concerns, and seeking and acting on client feedback for improving overall service.
- Stays abreast of market and economic conditions within the assigned portfolio and markets, communicates emerging trends, opportunities, and potential threats, and creates long-and short-term business plans that achieve the Company’s targeted growth and market presence objectives.
- Leads or participates in process improvement initiatives by identifying opportunities for enhancing business performance, and leading specific project teams in developing and implementing new programs, policies, procedures, and practices.
- Coordinates work activities and liaisons with vendors, consultants, and other contractors as needed by researching and communicating ongoing work status to provide direction to consultants, processing invoices, contracts, and other statements of work, and ensuring open communication between consultants and Company project team members.
- Completes various human resources, financial, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
Compensation is based on geographic location and individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job related skills, knowledge, experience, education, certifications, etc.
Corporate Positions: In addition to the base salary, may be eligible for an annual performance bonus that is based on individual and company performance.
Onsite Property Positions: In addition to the base salary, may be eligible for a discretionary weekly, monthly and/or quarterly bonus based on budget.
Greystar seeks to attract, recruit, advance and retain top talent. Greystar’s compensation strategy is tailored to appropriately reward the skillset and experience that a team member will bring to the organization.
Robust Benefits Offered for Full-time Team Members:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
401(k) with Company Match (eligibility required)
Short-term & Long-term Disability
Critical Illness/Accident/Hospital Indemnity Plans
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off: Time off benefits include vacation, holidays, personal days, and sick time and parental leave
For Union and Prevailing Wage roles compensation and benefits may vary from the listed information above due to Collective Bargaining Agreements and/or local governing authority.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
What makes a successful Greystar team member? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Meet our people and discover how you can make an impact providing a home to people across the world.
"Working at Greystar has been an eye opening experience. From day one my supervisors have been enthusiastic and attentive to everything I need to be great at my job. I feel appreciated and know that I’m an important asset to them. Everyday I’m encouraged to improve my knowledge and develop new financial skills while being excited to do so. I was also nervous transitioning from the Marine Corps into the civilian workforce, but with the support of the Greystar accounting family that transition has been much easier."- Adam
Health insurance (including company-paid opportunities) is offered, along with competitive dental and vision insurance plan options
Flexible Spending Accounts and Employer-matched 401(k) plans are offered
Paid Time Off
Full-time team members receive generous paid time off – including your birthday! – as well as paid sick leave, personal days, and company holidays
Paid Parental Leave
Maternal and paternal paid leave is available for the birth or adoption of a child
Ongoing support is available for career advancement opportunities in addition to corporate training programs
Experienced counselors are available 24/7 for confidential assistance to listen and help you find solutions at no cost to you
Note: Outlined benefits may vary by international region.
You have no recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the Save Job button or icon on the search results or job description pages.