Associate, Asset Management
R0114227 Frankfurt Corporate Office Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Greystar is looking for dedicated and hard-working individuals who want to help us continue to be the best as what we do. Today, we are the largest rental housing operator and developer in the US and one of the largest global investment management companies, delivering industry-leading services to investors, clients, and residents. We offer unrivaled professional development and career growth opportunities to our team members and look forward to welcoming you to Greystar, where our people are what make us the Global Leader in Rental Housing.
In the Germany & Austria region we have an exciting & growing portfolio including stabilised, lease up & development projects across student housing, multifamily & short stay.
As an Associate within the team, the candidate will be responsible for supporting the Investment Director/Manager in the investment management of the portfolio, alongside supporting teams.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Monitor performance of specific initiatives and deliver key performance metrics to achieve the business plan.
- Support the execution of investment strategies including NOI maximization and value-add initiatives.
- Analysis of development budgets, leasing performance, income, expense, capital projects, debt, valuations and impact to asset/fund returns.
- Maintain financial models to project detailed cash flows, and forecast investment returns for asset management decision-making.
- Support in compiling annual operational and capital budgets and business plans for senior management, fund management & capital partner review
- Assist with materials for the monthly and quarterly reporting to capital partners as well as prepare regular and ad- hoc reports for senior management.
- Monitor and report on key market, industry and competitor data.
- Complete various financial, accounting, narrative, administrative and other reports and analysis and duties as assigned or necessary for the successful execution of the business plans.
- Build and maintain relationships with various stakeholders and internal teams.
- Oversee and develop other team members.
- Coverage over Germany/Austria & other Pan European Markets.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Degree qualification (or equivalent) ideally in a related business or analytical subject such as finance, mathematics, economics, science, engineering or real estate.
- ACA/ CFA/ MBA/Relevant MSc qualifications are desirable but not essential.
- IT literate and fully conversant with all Microsoft packages including PowerPoint (Advanced level) and Excel (Advanced level).
- Fluency in German and English – speaking/reading/writing.
Experience & Skills
- A demonstrable passion for real estate and keen interest in business strategy.
- Evidence of prior experience in an analytical role within real estate, asset management, investment banking, private equity, or other related sectors.
- Highly numerate, with strong attention to detail.
- Strong qualitative analytical skills; having the ability to research, analyse and present complex financial data.
- Competent in financial modelling, valuations and financial analysis.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; including the ability to prepare and explain financial data to business leaders and managers, team members, clients, and other business contacts.
- Naturally inquisitive and commercially minded, with a desire to understand the bigger picture and contribute in solving challenges.
- A positive team player, with an adaptable and flexible approach to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment, characterised by change and rapid growth, along with ability to work collaboratively to drive results and support the wider team and business objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain positive relationships at all levels and to act with impact and influence.
- Self-motivated and proactive, both with respect to managing workload and having the resourcefulness to figure out ‘difficult to find’ solutions.
- Good organization skills with the ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
What makes a successful Greystar team member? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Meet our people and discover how you can make an impact providing a home to people across the world.
"Working at Greystar has been an eye opening experience. From day one my supervisors have been enthusiastic and attentive to everything I need to be great at my job. I feel appreciated and know that I’m an important asset to them. Everyday I’m encouraged to improve my knowledge and develop new financial skills while being excited to do so. I was also nervous transitioning from the Marine Corps into the civilian workforce, but with the support of the Greystar accounting family that transition has been much easier."- Adam
Health insurance (including company-paid opportunities) is offered, along with competitive dental and vision insurance plan options
Flexible Spending Accounts and Employer-matched 401(k) plans are offered
Paid Time Off
Full-time team members receive generous paid time off – including your birthday! – as well as paid sick leave, personal days, and company holidays
Paid Parental Leave
Maternal and paternal paid leave is available for the birth or adoption of a child
Ongoing support is available for career advancement opportunities in addition to corporate training programs
Experienced counselors are available 24/7 for confidential assistance to listen and help you find solutions at no cost to you
Note: Outlined benefits may vary by international region.
You have no recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the Save Job button or icon on the search results or job description pages.