R0099340 OurCampus Amsterdam Diemen Diemen, North Holland
Greystar is looking for dedicated and hard-working individuals who want to help us continue to be the best as what we do. Today, we are the largest rental housing operator and developer in the US and one of the largest global investment management companies, delivering industry-leading services to investors, clients, and residents. We offer unrivaled professional development and career growth opportunities to our team members and look forward to welcoming you to Greystar, where our people are what make us the Global Leader in Rental Housing.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Completes the daily transactions and tasks related to the financial operations of collecting and posting rent, fees, and other payments, performs daily bank reconciliations and reconciles bank accounts, processes invoices and payables and prepares financial reports.
- Operates the property management system (Yardi) and completes transactions by entering all required fields correctly and by completing updates and back-ups to ensure the integrity of the system.
- Reviews resident files and accounting records to determine unpaid and/or late fees owed, communicates residents regarding outstanding balances, implements procedures for collecting on delinquencies, and enforces the lease to maximize revenue.
- Follows the Company’s established procedures related to rent collection and communicated with applicable debt collecting agencies.
- Processes resident move-outs by reviewing lease terms and notice requirements, applying appropriate deposit and lease cancellation fees, if applicable, and processing the disposition in accordance with established procedures and legal requirements.
- Processes yearly reconciliation of service charge accounts.
- Completes various accounting, financial, administrative, and other reports and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
- This role will be largely based on-site at the assigned property portfolio, with regular visits to the Greystar corporate office in The Hague, The Netherlands.
- This role will report to the Property Operations Manager in The Netherlands.
- The post holder will be responsible for financial operations of the assigned Netherlands property portfolio.
Knowledge & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree, combined with accounting qualification.
- Accounting foundation background with a thorough understanding of accounting procedures and double entry book-keeping.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Experience with Yardi (preferred).
Experience & Skills
- Experience of working in a similar role within the Real Estate sector or similar.
- Demonstrated understanding of property operations, lease terms and lease enforcement, including collections.
- Strong proficiency in using property management software (preferably Yardi).
- Strong team working and interpersonal skills.
- Good attention to detail, methodical and takes pride in work.
- Positive “can do” attitude with desire to learn, train and develop in the role.
- Self-starter with an organised and proactive approach.
- Excellent written and spoken Dutch & English communication skills.
What makes a successful Greystar team member? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Meet our people and discover how you can make an impact providing a home to people across the world.
"Working at Greystar has been an eye opening experience. From day one my supervisors have been enthusiastic and attentive to everything I need to be great at my job. I feel appreciated and know that I’m an important asset to them. Everyday I’m encouraged to improve my knowledge and develop new financial skills while being excited to do so. I was also nervous transitioning from the Marine Corps into the civilian workforce, but with the support of the Greystar accounting family that transition has been much easier."- Adam
Health insurance (including company-paid opportunities) is offered, along with competitive dental and vision insurance plan options
Flexible Spending Accounts and Employer-matched 401(k) plans are offered
Paid Time Off
Full-time team members receive generous paid time off – including your birthday! – as well as paid sick leave, personal days, and company holidays
Paid Parental Leave
Maternal and paternal paid leave is available for the birth or adoption of a child
Ongoing support is available for career advancement opportunities in addition to corporate training programs
Experienced counselors are available 24/7 for confidential assistance to listen and help you find solutions at no cost to you
Note: Outlined benefits may vary by international region.
You have no recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the Save Job button or icon on the search results or job description pages.