Business Strategy InternshipCharlotte, North Carolina
As a Greystar intern, you will gain exposure to all aspects of our business – development & construction, investment management, property management, and enterprise services – through daily work experience, intern events, and workshops including:
• Executive Speaker Series
• Business Segment Trainings and Workshops
• Weekly Lunch & Learns
• Mentor Relationships
• Site visits
Interns also complete and present a Final Capstone Project to their team and senior leaders. Through supportive coaching and professional guidance, the Greystar Internship expands on classroom knowledge, helping you translate your experience into a successful and rewarding career. The Greystar Intern Program will run from May 30, 2024 – August 9, 2024. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis so apply today!
****This position is located in Albuquerque, NM***.
As a Business Strategy Intern, you will play a crucial role in identifying, approaching, and establishing partnerships with local businesses that best meet the needs of our residents. Your primary focus will be on creating meaningful connections that benefit both our company and our residents, and curating deals our residents will love. This role provides an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience in business development, negotiation, and relationship management.
Relationship Management: Cultivate strong relationships with the local community team to understand the top needs of the residents that will add value to the local deals network. Serve as a liaison between our company and residents, addressing inquiries and ensuring satisfaction in the deals available.
Market Research: Conduct thorough research to identify potential local business partners within the community and local area that would add value to our company and residents.
Outreach and Communication: Initiate contact with potential partners through various channels, including in-person meetings, email, and phone calls. Craft compelling messages and presentations to communicate the benefits of the partnership.
Negotiation and Deal-Making: Partner closely with the Head of Partnerships to develop proposals. Negotiate terms and agreements that align with the interest of both parties.
Collaboration: Work closely with internal teams and the local community team to execute partnership initiatives. Provide feedback and insights to improve partnership strategies.
Reporting to Various Work Locations: Interns will visit various local properties, neighborhoods, and potential business partner locations throughout the summer. This could include remote work, time spent canvassing local areas, or working from a specific local property.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to build relationships and drive successful deals
- Passion for problem solving
- Excitement to learn and improve sales and marketing experience
- Ability to leverage on-site property experience to identify and implement partnerships
- Proficiency handling ambiguity
- Strong understanding of analytical storytelling and ability to pivot from lessons learned to improve partnership making
- Enrolled in Bachelor’s degree program
- Graduating between December 2024 and June 2025
- Interns will need to have reliable transportation to various locations throughout the summer including properties, potential partner companies, and neighborhoods in the identified region.
- Candidates will be locally based across our identified regions. Candidates will work partially on-site of the communities and will need to canvas the neighbors and meet with businesses in person.
- Incumbents must be ableto view computer screens, mobile devices, and other electronic equipment for extendedperiods of time wherevisualstrain may result.
- Regular travel within region may be required to conduct user research, on-site meetings, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position.
Compensation is based on geographic location and individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job related skills, knowledge, experience, education, certifications, etc.
Onsite Property Positions: In addition to the base salary, may be eligible for a discretionary weekly, monthly and/or quarterly bonus based on budget.
Greystar seeks to attract, recruit, advance and retain top talent. Greystar’s compensation strategy is tailored to appropriately reward the skillset and experience that a team member will bring to the organization.
Benefits Offered for Temporary Team Members:
Employee Assistance Program
Paid sick time
For Union and Prevailing Wage roles compensation and benefits may vary from the listed information above due to Collective Bargaining Agreements and/or local governing authority.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
You have no recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the Save Job button or icon on the search results or job description pages.