Summer Associate, Asset Management
R0081643 Charleston, South Carolina
Greystar is looking for dedicated and hard-working individuals who want to help us continue to be the best as what we do. Today, we are the largest rental housing operator and developer in the US and one of the largest global investment management companies, delivering industry-leading services to investors, clients, and residents. We offer unrivaled professional development and career growth opportunities to our team members and look forward to welcoming you to Greystar, where our people are what make us the Global Leader in Rental Housing.
The Greystar Summer Internship Program is a 10-week immersive opportunity in which interns will discover new skills and gain hands-on experience while working for the leading multifamily real estate developer, investor, owner, and operator. The Greystar Intern Program will run from June 5, 2023 – August 11, 2023.
- Partners across functions including acquisitions, property operations, portfolio management, capital projects, and accounting to drive the investment performance of Greystar’s owned asset portfolio.
- Work closely with team to conduct financial analysis, including the creation of detailed pro-forma and Excel based financial models.
- Collaborates on new investment committee memos, financing or disposition recommendations, and updates on existing assets.
- Performs valuation analysis and develops and presents recommendations based on key findings that may affect the return and financial performance of the asset(s).
- Monitors and communicates the status and progress of comparable sales transactions and competitive property deliveries within the assigned geographic region.
- Strong quantitative background ideally in business finance (corporate finance) and general accounting.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Ability to handle large volume of work; good organizational skills and ability to prioritize to meet deadlines.
MBA candidate with a bachelor’s degree in business, finance or a related major preferred.
The base compensation rate will vary based on education, experience, skills, and geographic location, as applicable.
Greystar seeks to attract, recruit, advance and retain top talent. Greystar’s compensation strategy is tailored to appropriately reward the skillset and experience that a team member will bring to the organization.
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their salary. Team members may also participate in the 401k plan, once eligible. Regular, full-time team members are offered a range of medical, financial, and other benefits from which to choose.
For Union and Prevailing Wage roles compensation and benefits may vary from the listed information above due to Collective Bargaining Agreements and/or local governing authority.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
What makes a successful Greystar team member? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Meet our people and discover how you can make an impact providing a home to people across the world.
"Working at Greystar has been an eye opening experience. From day one my supervisors have been enthusiastic and attentive to everything I need to be great at my job. I feel appreciated and know that I’m an important asset to them. Everyday I’m encouraged to improve my knowledge and develop new financial skills while being excited to do so. I was also nervous transitioning from the Marine Corps into the civilian workforce, but with the support of the Greystar accounting family that transition has been much easier."- Adam
Health insurance (including company-paid opportunities) is offered, along with competitive dental and vision insurance plan options
Flexible Spending Accounts and Employer-matched 401(k) plans are offered
Paid Time Off
Full-time team members receive generous paid time off – including your birthday! – as well as paid sick leave, personal days, and company holidays
Paid Parental Leave
Maternal and paternal paid leave is available for the birth or adoption of a child
Ongoing support is available for career advancement opportunities in addition to corporate training programs
Experienced counselors are available 24/7 for confidential assistance to listen and help you find solutions at no cost to you
Note: Outlined benefits may vary by international region.
You have no recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the Save Job button or icon on the search results or job description pages.