Senior Investment Accountant
R0093516 Charleston, South Carolina
Greystar is looking for dedicated and hard-working individuals who want to help us continue to be the best as what we do. Today, we are the largest rental housing operator and developer in the US and one of the largest global investment management companies, delivering industry-leading services to investors, clients, and residents. We offer unrivaled professional development and career growth opportunities to our team members and look forward to welcoming you to Greystar, where our people are what make us the Global Leader in Rental Housing.
- Cash Management Assist with the management of the day to day cash transactions of each fund/venture that is assigned. This includes but is not limited to daily oversight of bank accounts, maintaining relationships with our banks as well as understanding the online banking platforms, entering transactions into Yardi on a timely basis; managing the intercompany bill-backs and accounts payable process, setting up and inputting wire/ACH transactions, and completing monthly bank reconciliations.
- Capital Transactions Assist with the management the allocation and documentation process for capital transactions between the funds/ventures and investors. Prepare contribution and distribution calculations and packets. Oversee the signature process, and work with the Investor Relations department to upload the notices to the Intralinks site for our review.
- Financial Reporting Report financials in accordance with IFRS and/or US GAAP. Compile the monthly, quarterly, and annual financials. Prepare the monthly reporting work-papers and reconciling accounts, referencing and tying out the consolidated financials, prepare the support for the tables and charts that are included within the management discussion and analysis, work with the Investor Relations department to upload the statements to the Intralinks site for our review, and deliver quarterly information to internal Greystar stakeholders (i.e. corporate and co-investment departments) when necessary. Assist the senior investment accountant with any ad hoc investor reporting, lender reporting, compliance certificates, and other ad hoc 3rd party reporting requested.
- Audit On an annual basis, or in accordance with the legal agreements, assist with the audit management for each of the funds/ventures. Assist with the oversight of the day to day process of the audit from start to finish. Assist with the preparation of the PBC request list, upload audit documents, roll-forward prior year-end financials, assist the Senior in preparing tables and charts when necessary, and prepare the current audited financial statements when required by manager.
- Yardi Use Yardi software to house all the General Ledgers by entity. Enter journal entries, run reports for analytics as well as reporting, and use the Investment Management module for cash, contributions, distributions and other internal transactions.
- General Understand the underlying agreements of each venture. Work to become familiar with the specific sections that are relevant to better understand the overall structure, including but not limited to; partnership expenses, fees, commitments
The base compensation rate will vary based on education, experience, skills, and geographic location, as applicable.
Greystar seeks to attract, recruit, advance and retain top talent. Greystar’s compensation strategy is tailored to appropriately reward the skillset and experience that a team member will bring to the organization.
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their salary. Team members may also participate in the 401k plan, once eligible. Regular, full-time team members are offered a range of medical, financial, and other benefits from which to choose.
For Union and Prevailing Wage roles compensation and benefits may vary from the listed information above due to Collective Bargaining Agreements and/or local governing authority.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
What makes a successful Greystar team member? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Meet our people and discover how you can make an impact providing a home to people across the world.
"Working at Greystar has been an eye opening experience. From day one my supervisors have been enthusiastic and attentive to everything I need to be great at my job. I feel appreciated and know that I’m an important asset to them. Everyday I’m encouraged to improve my knowledge and develop new financial skills while being excited to do so. I was also nervous transitioning from the Marine Corps into the civilian workforce, but with the support of the Greystar accounting family that transition has been much easier."- Adam
Health insurance (including company-paid opportunities) is offered, along with competitive dental and vision insurance plan options
Flexible Spending Accounts and Employer-matched 401(k) plans are offered
Paid Time Off
Full-time team members receive generous paid time off – including your birthday! – as well as paid sick leave, personal days, and company holidays
Paid Parental Leave
Maternal and paternal paid leave is available for the birth or adoption of a child
Ongoing support is available for career advancement opportunities in addition to corporate training programs
Experienced counselors are available 24/7 for confidential assistance to listen and help you find solutions at no cost to you
Note: Outlined benefits may vary by international region.
You have no recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the Save Job button or icon on the search results or job description pages.