Senior Accountant - Headquarters
R0113598 City Office Charleston Charleston, South Carolina
Greystar is looking for dedicated and hard-working individuals who want to help us continue to be the best as what we do. Today, we are the largest rental housing operator and developer in the US and one of the largest global investment management companies, delivering industry-leading services to investors, clients, and residents. We offer unrivaled professional development and career growth opportunities to our team members and look forward to welcoming you to Greystar, where our people are what make us the Global Leader in Rental Housing.
- Compiles and analyzes financial information in preparation for entry into various financial statements and accounting reports and makes appropriate journal entries for recording in the general ledger by checking calculations, reviewing basis for figures, and balancing and reconciling figures.
- Oversees the Headquarters financial planning activities by monitoring and analyzing and providing variance commentary on monthly operating results as compared to forecasts and budgets.
- Maintains the timely completion and distribution of financial reports to clients and key business leaders, assists in resolving discrepancies and variances in actuals-to-budget, and responds to requests, questions, and issues related to the ongoing financial performance of the Headquarters parent level.
- Contributes to the annual business planning and budgeting process for each Headquarters function by managing historic and predictive financial data, as well as managing budget and financial models.
- Reviews budget, revenue, expense, invoices and other accounting documents and researches and resolves discrepancies as necessary. Approves and authorizes exceptions to bank reconciliations and wire transfers for deposit and ensures accuracy.
- Follows accounting control procedures by analyzing revenue and expenditure trends and recommending appropriate budget levels to ensure expenditure control.
- Acts as liaison to internal and external auditors by explaining journal entries and financial transactions, providing research data and information as requested, and answering questions necessary to complete the audit in a timely manner.
- Establishes annual goals and objectives, establishes workflows for effective and efficient completion of tasks, and implements process and procedural improvements to streamline work, increase productivity, and maintain service and quality excellence.
- Completes various financial, accounting, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to write and communicate effectively to prepare and explain financial data to business leaders and managers, team members, clients, internal and external auditors, and other business contacts.
- Demonstrated proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, database management, and corporate accounting and job cost accounting programs in order to complete required reports. Oracle experience preferred.
- Demonstrated professional skills sufficient to handle sensitive information and interaction with business leadership.
- Employment history that demonstrates the application and usage of an accounting and financial background sufficient to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports in accordance with accounting, finance, budgeting, and cost control principles.
- A combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the application and usage of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- College degree in accounting, finance, or business is preferred.
- Oracle experience preferred.
- CPA Designation preferred.
Work location is Hybrid between our Charleston office & Remote.
Compensation is based on geographic location and individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job related skills, knowledge, experience, education, certifications, etc.
Corporate Positions: In addition to the base salary, may be eligible for an annual performance bonus that is based on individual and company performance.
Onsite Property Positions: In addition to the base salary, may be eligible for a discretionary weekly, monthly and/or quarterly bonus based on budget.
Greystar seeks to attract, recruit, advance and retain top talent. Greystar’s compensation strategy is tailored to appropriately reward the skillset and experience that a team member will bring to the organization.
Robust Benefits Offered for Full-time Team Members:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
401(k) with Company Match (eligibility required)
Short-term & Long-term Disability
Critical Illness/Accident/Hospital Indemnity Plans
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off: Time off benefits include vacation, holidays, personal days, and sick time and parental leave
For Union and Prevailing Wage roles compensation and benefits may vary from the listed information above due to Collective Bargaining Agreements and/or local governing authority.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
What makes a successful Greystar team member? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Meet our people and discover how you can make an impact providing a home to people across the world.
"Working at Greystar has been an eye opening experience. From day one my supervisors have been enthusiastic and attentive to everything I need to be great at my job. I feel appreciated and know that I’m an important asset to them. Everyday I’m encouraged to improve my knowledge and develop new financial skills while being excited to do so. I was also nervous transitioning from the Marine Corps into the civilian workforce, but with the support of the Greystar accounting family that transition has been much easier."- Adam
Health insurance (including company-paid opportunities) is offered, along with competitive dental and vision insurance plan options
Flexible Spending Accounts and Employer-matched 401(k) plans are offered
Paid Time Off
Full-time team members receive generous paid time off – including your birthday! – as well as paid sick leave, personal days, and company holidays
Paid Parental Leave
Maternal and paternal paid leave is available for the birth or adoption of a child
Ongoing support is available for career advancement opportunities in addition to corporate training programs
Experienced counselors are available 24/7 for confidential assistance to listen and help you find solutions at no cost to you
Note: Outlined benefits may vary by international region.
You have no recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the Save Job button or icon on the search results or job description pages.