Director, Debt Originations
R0085144 Charleston, South Carolina
Greystar is looking for dedicated and hard-working individuals who want to help us continue to be the best as what we do. Today, we are the largest rental housing operator and developer in the US and one of the largest global investment management companies, delivering industry-leading services to investors, clients, and residents. We offer unrivaled professional development and career growth opportunities to our team members and look forward to welcoming you to Greystar, where our people are what make us the Global Leader in Rental Housing.
- Sourcing investment opportunities directly from borrowers, sponsors and brokers that finance the purchase, renovation and/or development of multifamily assets.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with prospective borrowers, brokers, and other counterparties
- Leading the underwriting, due diligence, and execution of investments and the development and presentation of investment committee memos.
- Managing and mentoring junior staff and other internal resources that will assist with underwriting, due diligence, investment committee memos and loan closings.
- Communicating and interacting with Greystar’s Investment Committees, Lenders, and Equity Partners to recommend strategies and structures that maximize performance of the portfolio.
- Collaborating with colleagues, outside vendors and consultants to leverage Greystar’s operating platform and support service functions to close loans.
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of real estate experience focused on the origination, underwriting and execution of debt instruments. This ambitious and intellectually flexible professional will have broad responsibilities that, in general, can be characterized and evaluated by the ability to accomplish the following:
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Strong quantitative, analytical, interpersonal and creative thinking skills;
- Proficiency with financial modeling in Excel;
- Superb attention to detail with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously; and,
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a discipline related to finance or real estate
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their base salary. Once eligible, team members may participate in the 401k plan. Regular, full-time team members are also offered a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits from which to choose.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
What makes a successful Greystar team member? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Meet our people and discover how you can make an impact providing a home to people across the world.
"Working at Greystar has been an eye opening experience. From day one my supervisors have been enthusiastic and attentive to everything I need to be great at my job. I feel appreciated and know that I’m an important asset to them. Everyday I’m encouraged to improve my knowledge and develop new financial skills while being excited to do so. I was also nervous transitioning from the Marine Corps into the civilian workforce, but with the support of the Greystar accounting family that transition has been much easier."- Adam
Health insurance (including company-paid opportunities) is offered, along with competitive dental and vision insurance plan options
Flexible Spending Accounts and Employer-matched 401(k) plans are offered
Paid Time Off
Full-time team members receive generous paid time off – including your birthday! – as well as paid sick leave, personal days, and company holidays
Paid Parental Leave
Maternal and paternal paid leave is available for the birth or adoption of a child
Ongoing support is available for career advancement opportunities in addition to corporate training programs
Experienced counselors are available 24/7 for confidential assistance to listen and help you find solutions at no cost to you
Note: Outlined benefits may vary by international region.
You have no recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the Save Job button or icon on the search results or job description pages.