Corporate Finance InternCharleston, South Carolina
Executive Speaker Series
Business Segment Trainings and Workshops
Weekly Lunch & Learns
Interns also complete and present a Final Capstone Project to their team and senior leaders. Through supportive coaching and professional guidance, the Greystar Internship expands on classroom knowledge, helping you translate your experience into a successful and rewarding career.
The Greystar Intern Program will run from May 30, 2024 – August 9, 2024. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis so apply today!
The goal of the Corporate Finance group is to empower Greystar’s senior leaders and Board of Directors with actionable insights, and to govern the corporate balance sheet to fuel continued strategic growth across global business lines. The Corporate Finance Intern may be asked to support the team by:
- Underwriting and ongoing portfolio management of various employee co-investment funds, including reforecasting, semi-annual fund reporting, cash forecasting and distribution governance.
- Interfacing with external affiliates for fundraising and investment reporting needs related to both sponsor equity positions in real estate ventures and investments in the Greystar parent company.
- Supporting senior team members and the Corporate Accounting team in reviewing quarterly external financial reporting to bondholders, including preparation of the call script for the CFO and Q&A summary for the CEO.
- Preparing quarterly updates for Greystar’s Board of Directors as well as ad hoc memorandums.
- Preparing quarterly performance packages for the Employee Equity Ownership plan.
- Assisting senior team members in reviewing Rating Agency opinions and preparation of materials for periodic meetings or special transactions
- Supporting the Annual 409A valuation process, including preparation of supporting documentation, review of the valuation methodology, and creation of the Board approval memo.
- Supporting senior team members and other internal stakeholders in capital markets transactions, such as refinancing the corporate bonds or renegotiating the line of credit.
- Assisting senior team members in underwriting strategic investment opportunities (M&A, corporate transactions, etc.) and creating related presentations for Executive Committee and the Board of Directors.
- Assisting with other general team activities as needed on an ad hoc basis.
- Bachelor’s degree real estate, finance, business, or a related major and entering your final year or semester of school.
- Exceptional proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong quantitative background with financial modeling experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and capability to articulate complex topics.
- Ability to perform a variety of duties and responsibilities with a high standard of accuracy, attention to detail, and speed under the pressure of time-sensitive deadlines.
- Enthusiastic and proactive with respect to managing workload and professional development.
Compensation is based on geographic location and individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job related skills, knowledge, experience, education, certifications, etc.
Corporate Positions: In addition to the base salary, may be eligible for an annual performance bonus that is based on individual and company performance.
Onsite Property Positions: In addition to the base salary, may be eligible for a discretionary weekly, monthly and/or quarterly bonus based on budget.
Greystar seeks to attract, recruit, advance and retain top talent. Greystar’s compensation strategy is tailored to appropriately reward the skillset and experience that a team member will bring to the organization.
Robust Benefits Offered for Full-time Team Members:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
401(k) with Company Match (eligibility required)
Short-term & Long-term Disability
Critical Illness/Accident/Hospital Indemnity Plans
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off: Time off benefits include vacation, holidays, personal days, and sick time and parental leave
For Union and Prevailing Wage roles compensation and benefits may vary from the listed information above due to Collective Bargaining Agreements and/or local governing authority.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
You have no recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the Save Job button or icon on the search results or job description pages.