Accounting AnalystCharleston, South Carolina ;
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
*The start date for this position is in June 2023*
#LI-DNIInterested in jumpstarting your career in accounting? This exciting position will expose interns to the many job responsibilities of an Accountant at Greystar – including cash management and banking, accounts payable, capital transactions, and financial reporting. Analysts will apply generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) to analyze financial information, reconcile financial statements, prepare general and standard journal entries, assist in budget development, and prepare standard accounting and financial reports for management.
We have 191 accountants across our corporate lines of business, which include Investment, Office of the CFO, Development & Construction, and Enterprise. As one of the largest and most experienced firms in the industry, we own a global portfolio comprised of more than 207,600 units and student beds across multiple strategies and geographies.
- Develops an understanding of data available involved with the position, and with all internal and external systems involved in maintaining that data.
- Extracts and combines information from various data sources and delivers ad-hoc and scheduled complex reports to a variety of internal and external customers.
- Compiles reports and responds to inquiries of any relevant government and/or regulatory agencies on specified data.
- Supports functionally specific business processes as well as various programs and projects that require sophisticated reporting analytics.
- Maintains data integrity and compliance by running reports, auditing and analyzing information while troubleshooting errors.
- Performs bank reconciliations and wire transfers for deposit and ensures accuracy.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports in accordance with accounting, finance, budgeting, and cost control principles.
- A combination of education, training, and experience that demonstrates the application and usage of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Ability to read, write, and communicate effectively to prepare and explain financial data to internal and external customers.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and database management programs in order to handle large data volume.
- Demonstrated mathematical skills necessary to add, subtract, multiply, and divide numbers, decimals, and fractions, and calculate percentages.
Bachelor’s degree in accounting or general business.
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their base salary. Once eligible, team members may participate in the 401k plan. Regular, full-time team members are also offered a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits from which to choose.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
You have no recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the Save Job button or icon on the search results or job description pages.