Accountant - Capital ProjectsCharleston, South Carolina ;
- Cash Management: Oversee and manage the day to day cash transactions of each project that is assigned. This includes but is not limited to daily oversight of bank accounts, understanding the online banking platforms, entering transactions into Yardi and on the Cash Spreadsheet on a timely basis; managing the intercompany bill-backs and accounts payable process, setting up and inputting wire/ACH transactions, and completing monthly bank reconciliations.
- Capital Transactions: Requests capital funds and reconciles equity/lender funding with capital expenditures in the draw.
- Financial Reporting: Ensures that all fixed asset entries, including depreciation, as well as all fee revenue entries, are posted in the appropriate month and meet the deadline given by the other investment accounting groups. Ensures that each property’s renovation costs for the month are posted in the correct post month and are coded according to the approved budget.
- Audit: Support On an annual basis, or in accordance with the legal agreements, supplies information and reporting as requested. Ensures accuracy of requested reports and upload them to the auditor’s designated site.
- Yardi: Knows how to enter journal entries and post fees, run reports for analytics as well as reporting, and use the Job Cost module for project budgeting and costing. Extracts the job cost data from Yardi and preparing the draw presentation for the appropriate approvers. Once the draw is approved, selects payables in Yardi for submission to A/P.
- Project Creation and Closeout: Sets up new renovation projects as they are assigned. Tasks range from selecting and assigning a job number, reconciling versions of the capital budget from multiple sources, setting up the first draw and requesting a new bank account. Is familiar with the Construction Management Agreement for the involved entity and should see to it that fees are set to calculate correctly. Prepares monthly draw and all related deliverables. Upon completion of the renovation project and/or disposition of the asset, follows the Closing a Project Checklist in order to fully close out the project.
- General Functions: The legal agreements (generally Construction Management Agreement) of each project dictate the reporting requirements, and are unique for each portfolio. The responsibility of the senior(s) and manager(s) is to understand the underlying agreements of each venture. The staff should work to become familiar with the specific sections that reference the budget, construction management fees and general conditions stipulations, immediate repairs and/or lender funding involvement, as well as any reporting requirements. The staff should also work to build relationships with other stakeholders, both internally and externally, to understand how the Renovation accounting functions affect all parties
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their base salary. Once eligible, team members may participate in the 401k plan. Regular, full-time team members are also offered a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits from which to choose.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
You have no recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the Save Job button or icon on the search results or job description pages.