Project ManagerBrentwood, Tennessee ;
• Manages the activities associated with development and new construction projects by reviewing project specifications, blueprints, and plans, providing input into preparing hard cost estimates and project budgets, determining the staffing requirements and assigning team members and sub-contractors to jobs, and managing the day-to-day progress of the project from initial construction through delivery.
• Participates in and/or leads initial and on-going project planning meetings, assists in developing the project’s scope of work and specifications, and prepares the project budget, timeline, and constructions schedule.
• Prepares and distributes bid packages, reviews and evaluates bids and proposals from suppliers, vendors, and sub-contractors, develops, negotiates, and approves contracts for selected contractors, sub-contractors, and other service providers needed to complete the project work.
• Reviews and recommends change orders or amendments to the specifications, blueprints, and plans when appropriate, and ensures related documents and budgets are amended as needed to reflect changes to the project specifications
• Oversees compliance with the Company’s safety standards and applicable codes and other legal and regulatory requirements by staying informed about relevant codes and ordinances and permit requirements, and by preparing and/or submitting required documentation and other information to appropriate agencies.
• Communicates with key business leaders to provide updates on the status of projects, surface and address concerns, and plan specific actions as needed to ensure the on-time and on-budget completion of the projects.
• Develops and supervises team members by interviewing, hiring, orienting, and training employees, and manages their performance in accordance with Company policies, values, and business practices.
• Conducts project site inspections as needed to monitor progress and support project-assigned team members, steps in as needed to address and resolve issues and problems, and recommends, approves, and implements modifications to the project plans, schedule, staffing, or budget as needed.
• Typically focuses on multiple projects, depending on size and complexity.
• Completes various human resources, financial, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
• Minimum 5 years of experience working on 3+ ground up construction projects with exposure to initial construction through delivery.
• Minimum 3 years of experience managing a team and subcontractors.
• Strong time management, leadership and decision-making skills.
• Ability to be highly organized in day-to-day and long-term planning and execution, and to track and maintain complex schedules effectively.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively delegate and negotiate.
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their base salary. Once eligible, team members may participate in the 401k plan. Regular, full-time team members are also offered a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits from which to choose.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
You have no recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the Save Job button or icon on the search results or job description pages.