Analyst, Life Science Asset Management
R0101200 City Office Boston Boston, Massachusetts
Greystar is looking for dedicated and hard-working individuals who want to help us continue to be the best as what we do. Today, we are the largest rental housing operator and developer in the US and one of the largest global investment management companies, delivering industry-leading services to investors, clients, and residents. We offer unrivaled professional development and career growth opportunities to our team members and look forward to welcoming you to Greystar, where our people are what make us the Global Leader in Rental Housing.
- Conducts financial analysis of assigned operating and development assets, including the creation of detailed budgets and financial models. Gathers, compiles, investigates, and analyzes market data to identify market trends, and prepares narrative memoranda, detailed reports, and market summaries that provide insights on property level and market trends and supports development team with project underwriting.
- Establishes and maintains productive relationships with local market brokers, institutional and equity partners, lenders, and other key stakeholders, and appropriately manages on-going communications related to life science assets.
- Participates in developing documentation and recommendations on key findings that may affect the return and financial performance of proposed leases, capital projects, and other investment transactions.
- Communicates regularly with property management teams to understand and address operational issues and find opportunities to reduce operating expenses.
- Develops strong rapport with appropriate tenant contacts to strengthen the landlord-tenant relationships.
- Supports leasing efforts by working closely with Sr. Director and third-party leasing teams to develop marketing strategies, underwrite prospective tenants, analyze proposed economic terms, and effectively communication recommendations to equity partners and other relevant stakeholders.
- Monitors and reports on the status and progress of lease and sales transactions and development pipeline within the assigned geographic region.
- Coordinates with consultants related to real estate tax forecasting and protests and works closely with Company’s risk management team and/or third-party consultants to forecast insurance premiums and obtain policies with appropriate coverage.
- Assists with the preparation of annual asset level business plans including review of operating budgets, leasing assumptions, capital plans, real estate tax forecasts, hold/sell strategy, and SWOT analyses.
- Maintains comprehensive asset management model for all assigned life science assets, inclusive of internal valuation models, which will be updated on a quarterly basis, or more frequently if required.
- Works with independent third-party appraisers to provide requested support and can review appraisals for accuracy and provide opinion of the leasing and capital market assumptions utilized.
- Participates in industry events to continue building professional network.
- 1+ years of experience in real estate finance.
- A bachelor's degree is required in finance, business, real estate, economics, or related field.
- Attention to detail and strong creative problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Excel and financial modelling skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-management skills in order to establish, cultivate, and maintain productive relationships with brokers, institutional and equity partners, owners, lenders, and the variety of potential clients with whom Greystar does business.
- Critical thinker and self-starter capable of accomplishing a task with limited guidance and supervision.
Compensation is based on geographic location and individual pay decisions will vary based on demonstrated job related skills, knowledge, experience, education, certifications, etc.
Corporate Positions: In addition to the base salary, may be eligible for an annual performance bonus that is based on individual and company performance.
Onsite Property Positions: In addition to the base salary, may be eligible for a discretionary weekly, monthly and/or quarterly bonus based on budget.
Greystar seeks to attract, recruit, advance and retain top talent. Greystar’s compensation strategy is tailored to appropriately reward the skillset and experience that a team member will bring to the organization.
Robust Benefits Offered for Full-time Team Members:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
401(k) with Company Match (eligibility required)
Short-term & Long-term Disability
Critical Illness/Accident/Hospital Indemnity Plans
Employee Assistance Program
Generous Paid Time Off: Time off benefits include vacation, holidays, personal days, and sick time and parental leave
For Union and Prevailing Wage roles compensation and benefits may vary from the listed information above due to Collective Bargaining Agreements and/or local governing authority.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
What makes a successful Greystar team member? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Decision Making
Meet our people and discover how you can make an impact providing a home to people across the world.
"My first 5 years at Greystar have been incredibly special due to the great people I am surrounded with and the amazing projects I get to be a part of. My rate of personal growth just wouldn’t have been the same!"- Xavier
Health insurance (including company-paid opportunities) is offered, along with competitive dental and vision insurance plan options
Flexible Spending Accounts and Employer-matched 401(k) plans are offered
Paid Time Off
Full-time team members receive generous paid time off – including your birthday! – as well as paid sick leave, personal days, and company holidays
Paid Parental Leave
Maternal and paternal paid leave is available for the birth or adoption of a child
Ongoing support is available for career advancement opportunities in addition to corporate training programs
Experienced counselors are available 24/7 for confidential assistance to listen and help you find solutions at no cost to you
Note: Outlined benefits may vary by international region.
You have no recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the Save Job button or icon on the search results or job description pages.