Community Assistant - Union Blacksburg - Student Living
R0080409 Blacksburg, Virginia
Greystar is looking for dedicated and hard-working individuals who want to help us continue to be the best as what we do. Today, we are the largest rental housing operator and developer in the US and one of the largest global investment management companies, delivering industry-leading services to investors, clients, and residents. We offer unrivaled professional development and career growth opportunities to our team members and look forward to welcoming you to Greystar, where our people are what make us the Global Leader in Rental Housing.
What makes a successful Greystar team member? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Meet our people and discover how you can make an impact providing a home to people across the world.
"Greystar and my values are perfectly aligned to enrich the lives we touch by doing things the right way. The company lives by this and it provides balance in my life and work becomes an entirely different experience. There is passion that moves you to a whole new level of fulfillment and gratitude. That’s when you can do your best for yourself, your customers, and your team."- Daiva
Health insurance (including company-paid opportunities) is offered, along with competitive dental and vision insurance plan options
Flexible Spending Accounts and Employer-matched 401(k) plans are offered
Paid Time Off
Full-time team members receive generous paid time off – including your birthday! – as well as paid sick leave, personal days, and company holidays
Paid Parental Leave
Maternal and paternal paid leave is available for the birth or adoption of a child
Ongoing support is available for career advancement opportunities in addition to corporate training programs
Experienced counselors are available 24/7 for confidential assistance to listen and help you find solutions at no cost to you
Note: Outlined benefits may vary for international team members.
1. Performs administrative tasks for the leasing office including but not limited to: copying documents, filing resident files, preparing notices, handling resident calls, and organizing rent payments and other collateral materials.
2. Assists with sales and leasing activities to achieve the property’s revenue and occupancy goals by conducting virtual tours, responding to online inquiries, greeting and qualifying prospects, conducting property tours, and showing apartments.
3. Assists with the lease preparation process by generating all required lease paperwork and organizing resident lease files.
4. Assists with move in and move out process for residents; commits to working move-in and move-outs with the understanding that these events, along with “turn”, are mandatory work dates. Any time off during these dates will be considered an exception and must be requested and approved in writing by the Community Manager well in advance.
5. Answers incoming calls and sets appointments for prospects to tour the property.
6. Performs on-campus marketing outreach to generate Community awareness and qualified traffic.
7. Assists with coordinating resident functions, including parties, birthday cards, unit visits, and other programs to achieve resident satisfaction goals.
8. Schedules and conducts resident visits as directed and distributes notices such as flyers, newsletters, resident surveys, and late notices.
9. Acts as an after-hours liaison between residents and property management. Works mandatory on-call schedule, for
which the CA will be paid a specified minimum number of hours plus any actual hours which exceed the standard
minimum hours. Responds to after-hours emergencies within a required period of time. At least one on-call shift per
week is expected; however, the schedule is determined at the site level.
10. Responds quickly and courteously to resident concerns and questions and takes prompt action to solve problems and/or document and convey resident or other requests to the appropriate individual(s).
11. Must be available to work a minimum of 10 hours per week.
12. Must be enrolled at a local university and be in good academic standing.
13. Lives onsite unless an exception has been granted by a Director of Operations or Senior Director of Operations.
14. Other duties as assigned.
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their base salary. Once eligible, team members may participate in the 401k plan. Regular, full-time team members are also offered a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits from which to choose.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
You have no recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the Save Job button or icon on the search results or job description pages.