Legal Director, InvestmentsAtlanta, Georgia | Boston, Massachusetts | Charleston, South Carolina | Charlotte, North Carolina | Dallas, Texas | New York, New York | Newport Beach, California | Raleigh, North Carolina ;
This position will be responsible for providing transactional legal support to Greystar’s investment management business in the United States, primarily focused on fund and other investment vehicle formation transactions. In addition, this position will be given exposure to all facets of Greystar’s vertically integrated real estate business, including real estate acquisitions and dispositions, financings, development transactions, and property-level operational matters. This position will also be involved in establishing processes and procedures that mitigate risk and ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements applicable to such business. This position will work with Greystar’s Legal Global Practice Team in establishing and implementing best practices, processes, and policies within the legal and regulatory area to support the execution of the Company’s global investment management strategy.
This position will be responsible for providing transactional legal support to Greystar’s investment management business in the United States, primarily focused on fund and other investment vehicle formation transactions.
This position will work with Greystar’s Legal Global Practice Team in establishing and implementing best practices, processes, and policies within the legal and regulatory area to support the execution of the Company’s global investment management strategy.
- Provide legal advice and guidance on transactional activities related to proposed investment management vehicle formations, including open and closed-end commingled investment funds, club deals, and joint venture transactions.
- Prepare, review, and/or negotiate contracts, agreements and other legal documentation required for investment and operations activities of the investment management business.
- Stay abreast of emerging issues and market practices in the private equity real estate industry, provide updates and advisories to executive and senior leaders, and recommend, develop and implement policies, practices, and other strategies to ensure compliance and mitigate or reduce risk.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Global Practice Team leaders on initiatives to develop best practices and ensure consistency related to Greystar investor negotiations, operating policies, deal terms, agreements, and other practices globally.
- Coordinate and collaborate with Global Practice Team leaders on technology initiatives to enhance communication and efficiency among legal, compliance, and other team members globally.
- Coordinate external counsel and other external advisors and service providers as necessary to provide supportive and specialty legal services, and review and track costs and expenses against budgets.
- Work constructively with other internal divisions necessary for transaction structuring, evaluation, and consummation, including Tax, Finance, Compliance, Investor Relations, and Portfolio Management teams.
Qualifications & Skills
- J.D. degree from a top-tier, accredited American Bar Association law school and current license to practice law in one or more U.S. jurisdictions.
- 5 or more years of experience in a top-tier law firm and/or in-house legal department, including experience related to the private equity and investment management area.
- In-house legal or secondment experience preferred.
- Experience with a real estate investment manager and/or vertically integrated investment manager preferred.
- Excellent legal drafting skills and the ability to understand complex legal issues and recommend and implement strategies, decisions, and solutions.
- Superior judgment and ethical practices.
- Demonstrated skills in interpersonal communication to establish and build internal and external relationships, manage vendors and service providers, and effectively interact with executives, senior-level management groups, clients and other team members.
- Excellent project management skills and evidenced ability to take initiative in the area(s) of focus in order to develop and execute a project plan from conception through implementation and evaluation.
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their base salary. Once eligible, team members may participate in the 401k plan. Regular, full-time team members are also offered a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits from which to choose.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
You have no recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the Save Job button or icon on the search results or job description pages.