Director, Debt OriginationsAtlanta, Georgia | Charleston, South Carolina | Charlotte, North Carolina | Dallas, Texas | New York, New York | Newport Beach, California | San Francisco, California ;
The ideal candidate will have 10+ years of real estate experience focused on the origination, underwriting and execution of debt instruments. This ambitious and intellectually flexible professional will have broad responsibilities that, in general, can be characterized and evaluated by the ability to accomplish the following:
- Sourcing investment opportunities directly from borrowers, sponsors and brokers that finance the purchase, renovation and/or development of multifamily assets
- Developing and maintaining relationships with prospective borrowers, brokers, and other counterparties
- Leading the underwriting, due diligence, and execution of investments and the development and presentation of investment committee memos
- Managing and mentoring junior staff and other internal resources that will assist with underwriting, due diligence, investment committee memos and loan closing.
- Communicating and interacting with Greystar’s Investment Committees, Lenders, and Equity Partners to recommend strategies and structures that maximize performance of the portfolio.
- Collaborating with colleagues, outside vendors and consultants to leverage Greystar’s operating platform and support service functions to close loans.
Greystar is an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and intellectual environment that rewards professionals who can think and operate independently and collaborate well with colleagues at all levels of the organization. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record and references who can verify the following:
Superior communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Strong quantitative, analytical, interpersonal and creative thinking skills;
- Proficiency with financial modeling in Excel;
- Superb attention to detail with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously;
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a discipline related to finance or real estate
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their base salary. Once eligible, team members may participate in the 401k plan. Regular, full-time team members are also offered a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits from which to choose.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
You have no recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the Save Job button or icon on the search results or job description pages.