Assistant Project Manager - Insulator Ave
R0093648 Arlington, Virginia
Greystar is looking for dedicated and hard-working individuals who want to help us continue to be the best as what we do. Today, we are the largest rental housing operator and developer in the US and one of the largest global investment management companies, delivering industry-leading services to investors, clients, and residents. We offer unrivaled professional development and career growth opportunities to our team members and look forward to welcoming you to Greystar, where our people are what make us the Global Leader in Rental Housing.
• Participates in the activities associated with expansive development and large construction projects by reviewing project specifications, blueprints, and building plans, supervising the construction site personnel and contractors, inspecting and approving completed work, managing the project budget and expenses, and ensuring compliance with all safety, code, and construction-related codes.
• Participates in project planning meetings, reviews and provides input into the project’s scope of work and specifications, and the timeline and construction schedule to ensure an on-time and on-budget project completion.
• Reviews bids and proposals from contractors and sub-contractors, develops, negotiates, and approves contracts, and provides for the acquisition of materials, supplies, and other service providers required to complete the project.
• Reviews and recommends change orders or amendments to the specifications, blueprints, and plans when appropriate, and ensures related documents and budgets are amended as needed to reflect changes to the project specifications.
• Monitors work at the construction site, makes routine quality control inspections for compliance to code and safety standards, troubleshoots and resolves issues that may affect the construction schedule, and appropriately surfaces concerns to key business leaders when required.
• Communicates with key business leaders to provide updates on the status of projects, surface and address concerns, and plan specific actions as needed to ensure the on-time and on-budget completion of the projects.
• Conducts project site inspections as needed to monitor progress and support project-assigned team members, steps in as needed to address and resolve issues and problems, and recommends, approves, and implements modifications to the project plans, schedule, staffing, or budget as needed.
• Completes various human resources, financial, administrative, and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as assigned or as necessary.
• Minimum 3 years of experience working on 2+ ground up construction projects.
• Strong organizational, time management and project management skills in order to effectively track, report and manage multiple projects and priorities where meeting deadlines is critical.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and work in a team environment with a wide variety of people, including owners, architects, subcontractors and business leaders.
• Critical thinker and self-starter capable of accomplishing a task with limited guidance and supervision.
The base compensation rate will vary based on education, experience, skills, and geographic location, as applicable.
Greystar seeks to attract, recruit, advance and retain top talent. Greystar’s compensation strategy is tailored to appropriately reward the skillset and experience that a team member will bring to the organization.
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their salary. Team members may also participate in the 401k plan, once eligible. Regular, full-time team members are offered a range of medical, financial, and other benefits from which to choose.
For Union and Prevailing Wage roles compensation and benefits may vary from the listed information above due to Collective Bargaining Agreements and/or local governing authority.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
What makes a successful Greystar team member? Check out the top traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Decision Making
Meet our people and discover how you can make an impact providing a home to people across the world.
"My first 5 years at Greystar have been incredibly special due to the great people I am surrounded with and the amazing projects I get to be a part of. My rate of personal growth just wouldn’t have been the same!"- Xavier
Health insurance (including company-paid opportunities) is offered, along with competitive dental and vision insurance plan options
Flexible Spending Accounts and Employer-matched 401(k) plans are offered
Paid Time Off
Full-time team members receive generous paid time off – including your birthday! – as well as paid sick leave, personal days, and company holidays
Paid Parental Leave
Maternal and paternal paid leave is available for the birth or adoption of a child
Ongoing support is available for career advancement opportunities in addition to corporate training programs
Experienced counselors are available 24/7 for confidential assistance to listen and help you find solutions at no cost to you
Note: Outlined benefits may vary by international region.
You have no recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the Save Job button or icon on the search results or job description pages.