Director of Design and Engineering
Work closely with the architectural design team to create and develop overall design concepts, formulate design
presentation strategies, and provide creative leadership as well as to support the execution of the Company’s
development platform by managing the design processes. Also includes assisting in initial land acquisition due diligence,
facilitating the underwriting and closing of real estate transactions and managing third party consultants through the project
design and construction process
1. Assist development partners in the pre-development phase with scoping documents while participating in all programming/scope meetings, assisting team in developing complete program including size, finishes, vision, etc.
2. Review and analyze appropriateness of potential sites with regards to urban factors (such as views, circulation, adjacent uses, access, and topography), configuration (study test fits of various plans), density (study low to high density models), site constraints (understand CCRs, easements, building codes, planning & historical issues, environmental regulations), and site entitlements (understanding both existing and potential).
3. With regards to document development, assist with project design schedule from early development through permitting, selection of design team by researching and interviewing architect, structural engineer, and MEP consultants and directing team by reviewing and giving relevant guidance on designs of plans and exterior appearance, providing input on planning, esthetic, material, and equipment issues.
4. Work with governmental agencies such as building and planning departments and neighborhood groups if necessary or required for obtaining approvals.
5. Provide approaches to retain designed value while creating highest profit possibilities. Understanding site constraints and provide design input on project ground floor planning such as circulation, lobby, service, etc., participating in all design meetings to monitor design progress for quality and consistency.
6. Review, comment, and provide design input on building exterior, overall plans, unit plans, and standard details, both interior and exterior throughout construction documentation for consistency of design and Greystar direction.
7. Coordinate with interior design architect during design process and participate in interior design meetings to be fully aware of all aspects of the project design. Also coordinate outside marketing efforts, such as, renderings and models, FF & E installation, permit approval process, and peer reviews consultants to make sure that their comments are incorporated into the construction documents, review all unit plans.
8. Regular site visits to insure the execution of the Greystar design and quality control standards, reviewing specifications, standard details, interior and exterior wall types, exterior window and skin conditions, Interior elevations and finishes, MEP applications, deck and roof treatments. Director of Design 2
9. Manage the development directive process, field coordination of architectural and system conflicts, scheduling, locating and planning for unit and exterior design mockups.
10. Coordinate with interiors on amenity and clubhouse treatments, in house landscape designers on exterior hardscape and landscaping, in-house and out-of-house quality assurance consultants and participate in periodic reviews of unit layout also managing the shop drawing/material selection approval process.
11. Participate in conference calls, Owner/Architect/Contractor meetings, and other meetings.
12. Works with the development team to manage the due diligence process on land opportunities, and develops documentation and recommendations on key findings that may affect the return and financial performance of the proposed deal.
13. Works with the development team to prepare detailed investment memorandums providing insight on the proposed projects for submission to the Company’s Investment Committee including detailed pro-forma and financial models and pursuit cost budgets.
14. Directs third party relationships to complete project design concept and building plans in accordance to approved scope of work.
15. Manages relationships with the construction team to ensure construction projects are completed in a timely manner, designed according to plan and within budgetary guidelines. Works with the team to ensure the development and coordination of quality control procedures. Ensures all required Certificate of Occupancy and permits are obtained.
16. Maintains on-going communications with the executive team, equity partners, and other key business leaders affiliated with the project to provide periodic updates on the progress against schedule and budgets, surfaces and resolves issues that may compromise the project delivery schedule or costs, and responds quickly and with urgency to questions, concerns, and requests for information.
17. Works closely with the property management team to finalize budgets and project design plans, accepts units from construction on behalf of Owner and ensures all aspects of the project adhere to Company development standards.
Depending on the position offered, regular full-time and part-time team members may be eligible to participate in a bonus program in addition to their base salary. Once eligible, team members may participate in the 401k plan. Regular, full-time team members are also offered a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits from which to choose.
Greystar will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
You have no recently viewed jobs.
Don’t have any jobs saved yet? Then start looking! Once you’ve found one you’re interested in, click the Save Job button or icon on the search results or job description pages.